Location: Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to Erbil and other project sites in KRI
Job Title: Case Management Team Lead
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: 12 months
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating case management and psychotherapy with a range of psychosocial support activities to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs at the Center for MHPSS at Koya University to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of the Case Management Team Lead
We are seeking to hire a Case Management Team Lead to work in our Dohuk program to protect and empower vulnerable individuals through improving the access and quality of MHPSS services. Under this program, the Case Management Team Lead will provide coordination and mentorship to a team of Case Managers providing mobile services to vulnerable and conflict affected Iraqis, including survivors of torture, trafficking, GBV, those who are at risk of honor killing and LGBT individuals, people of minority religion and ethnic groups, in various locations throughout Duhok governorate. The Case Management Team Lead will also provide direct services to clients, supporting challenging and complex cases. The successful candidate must be compassionate, confident, diligent, trustworthy, resourceful with experience providing case management services to internally displaced people, refugees and host community including to survivors of SGBV.
The Case Management Team Lead must be willing and interested to work with people of different religious, ethnic, cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds. The Case Management Team Lead position reports directly to the Project Manager in Duhok.
Team Management and Supervision (40%):
- Support SEED’s Program Manager in ensuring that all referrals received by SEED are assigned to a Case Manager for follow-up and seen in a timely manner.
- Serve as a focal point for SEED’s Program Manager and MHPSS Technical Unit, responsible for receiving guidance and sharing with the rest of the case management team.
- Provide consistent mentorship to Case Managers to ensure quality care is provided to clients and that appropriate referrals are made, ensuring any clinically complex cases are referred to the Project Manager for consultation.
- As needed, aid in identifying capacity development needs of staff, make recommendations for meeting identified needs, and provide training in collaboration with SEED Technical Unit and Program Manager.
- Monitor case management files to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- As needed, contribute to development and implementation of community psychosocial support activities in the community and coordination of community mobilizers.
Direct Service Provision (40%):
- Create and maintain a welcoming and safe environment within the mobile unit, which reflects awareness and understanding of the different religions, cultures and experiences of clients.
- Travel to locations across the KRI as required with the mobile unit.
- Provide confidential case management services to clients in line with a survivor centered approach and case management operating procedures and standards.
- Conduct client intake and follow-up assessments using established tools. Based on needs assessments, develop care plans to improve clients’ well-being.
- Help clients to identify available resources and make appropriate referrals to other organizations to meet client needs.
- Provide emotional support and coping skills to women, men, boys and girls.
- Identify and take on more complex cases; work with the Project Manager and MHPSS Technical Unit to create a plan for delivering services.
- Maintain detailed and accurate case notes and files.
- Participate in the development and implementation of outreach and community engagement plans and PSS activities as requested.
- Support the development and utilization of location-specific service mapping and referral pathways.
Coordination, Influence, and Organizational Representation (20%):
- Maintain good working relationships with all organizations, women’s committees and other community‐based groups, to facilitate referrals and support related and/or joint activities.
- Attend relevant external cluster meetings, training sessions, and other events to represent SEED programs and gain knowledge needed to ensure high quality service delivery.
- Provide reports on activities.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a social worker or caseworker/case manager, preferably with IDPs or refugees, in an NGO.
- University degree in social work, psychology or related field, a plus.
- Knowledge of case management, community outreach, psychological services, and referral pathways.
- Experience working with survivors of SGBV and other populations experiencing a lack of social protection and social inequalities.
- Counseling experience and/or experience providing psychological first aid a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- High standard of spoken and written Kurdish, Arabic and English.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environment.
Please e-mail the following in one PDF to email@example.com using “Case Management Team Lead“ and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- Three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.