Job Title: Cashier
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to another areas of Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: 12 month
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in KRI, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to promote the Kurdistan Region’s (KRI) social, educational and economic development, human rights, and to address the humanitarian needs of the residents of the region. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating psychotherapy and case management services with a range of vocational, educational and recreational activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of Cashier
SEED is seeking a Cashier to work in SEED’s office in Erbil with frequent travel to other sites within KRI. The Cashier will be responsible for review of paperwork provided with cash and non-cash payment requests, all cash payments and for ensuring full compliance of payment requests with SEED Foundation procedures.
- Communication with Finance Director and Finance Managers; ensure receipt of timely financial and progress reports.
- Responsible for the disbursement of cash in accordance with SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Maintain accurate records for the disbursement of cash and ensure that the cash book is kept up to date for all cash payments.
- Maintain a list of outstanding advances and ensure that all procedures over advances are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure there are adequate cash resources in the office to cover all planned activities and request cash when required.
- Collect cash from bank and be SEED Foundation’s representative for day-to-day banking activities/requests.
- Review all paperwork provided prior to writing cheques.
- Ensure weekly and month end cash counts are carried out and adequately. approved as per SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Ensure full understanding of and adherence to SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Ensure adequate referencing and filing of paperwork.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Fluent in spoken and written Kurdish, Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience as a cashier.
Please e-mail the following in one PDF to email@example.com using “Cashier“ and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.