Job Title: Driver
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to KRI areas
Type of Contract: Service Contract, Full time
Length of Contract: 6 months
Post Date: X January, 2019
Start Date: ASAP
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to promote the Kurdistan Region’s (KRI) social, educational and economic development, human rights, and to address the humanitarian needs of the residents of the region. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating psychotherapy and case management services with a range of vocational, educational and recreational activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of Driver:
The driver is a full-time position based in Erbil with some visits to other sites within KRI. The driver will be responsible for driving staff from Erbil to all SEED Foundation related camps in other areas within KRI, and undertakes other trips as required by management.
- Responsible and safe driving in accordance with the laws of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and SEED’s Fleet Policy, with the safety of the passengers as the highest priority.
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state etc.
- In liaison with the line manager, arrange for repairs and servicing
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops.
- Contractor must perform maintenance duties in the office during the time spent in the office.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle is always in good working condition and meets SEED safety and security standards.
- Possess a valid driving license and always have it ready for inspection
- Experience from working as a Driver in a professional environment
- Flexibility with working shifts (morning, evening and late night)
- Always wearing safety belt while driving and ensuring all passengers do the same
- Phone calls during driving are not allowed
Maintenance of the vehicle:
- Check on weekly basis the vehicle’s motor, oil level, breaks liquid, air pressure of wheels, windshield liquid, etc.
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns and needs of repair and general maintenance/service
- Organize any necessary maintenance after receiving supervisor’s approval.
- Ensure all necessary equipment and material is present in the vehicle and in good condition (tools, spare wheel, airlift, belts, ropes, etc.)
- Support the logistics team for manual tasks.
- Report any security related issues to the supervisor.
- Maintaining full confidentiality for all work-related information.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED Foundation at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, disability status, marital status and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
- 3+ years’ experience from working as a driver in a professional environment.
- Ensure compliance with SEED Foundation procedures and policies
- Ability to remain focused under pressure with a commitment to work hard and for long hours.
- Good character, cooperative and honest.
- Good knowledge in Kurdish and Arabic, English is a plus.
- Geographical area knowledge
Typical Vehicles – Minimum Specification:
Model: 2016 and above
Type: A 4*4, 6-seater with the driver including fuel, ongoing maintenance, in accordance with SEED’s Fleet Policy and other requirements, and insurance.
- The Vehicle must be in sound and safe condition and free of any known faults or defects that would affect its safe operation under normal use.
- The Vehicle must be insured by an authorized insurance company.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail the following to email@example.com using “Driver” and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.