Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI)
Type of position: Employment contract, Full time.
Length of Contract: Twelve months
Date Posted: 10 May, 2018
Start Date: ASAP
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to promote the Kurdistan Region’s (KRI) social, educational and economic development, human rights, and to address the humanitarian needs of the residents of the region. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating psychotherapy and case management services with a range of vocational, educational and recreational activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of the Executive Assistant:
We are seeking to hire an Executive Assistant to provide overall administrative support to the President. The successful candidate will be an experienced administrator who pays attention to details and has exceptional administrative skills. We are looking for a compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent person who is able to lead or participate on project teams related to a range of operational matters.
- Provide overall administrative support to the President.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel. Arrange daily schedule (set up meetings, travel, speaking engagements) and ensure all materials are prepared, staff and other participants are notified, and agendas are distributed.
- Manages information flow and documentation for the President, including establishing a system for review and response.
- Manages projects and initiatives of the President.
- Maintains positive, professional, and collaborative relationships with all staff and ensures that the office environment is based on respect, professionalism, equality, and the spirit of teamwork.
- Provides tactical support to our leadership and management team and works together in partnership with them to manage the organization’s key priorities.
- Lead or participate on project teams related to a range of operational matters.
- Ensures confidentiality at all times.
- Produces documents by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Reads, responds to and manages routine correspondence; drafts letters and documents.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- May communicate tasks and do follow up with the staff.
- File documents and organize administrative systems.
- Records meeting discussions, creates task lists, communicates tasks to staff and follows up.
- Ensures operation of President’s equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Contributes to team effort
- Guarantee professional written correspondence by composing, editing, and proofing a variety of written and visual deliverables.
- Performs at a high level with outstanding organizational and administrative skill.
- Knows how to schedule and coordinate complicated meetings, events, and travel.
- Is prepared to communicate with diverse audiences, senior government officials, donors, and board members, allied organizations, and staff.
- Pitch in with office management responsibilities as a true team member.
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines and work under stress
- Possesses excellent oral and writing communication skills; English and Kurdish, a must; Arabic a plus
- Problem Solver – Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning
- Experience creating systems, processes and procedures- Abstract Reasoning
- Strong computer skills – MS Word, Excel
- Detail-oriented, organized, and self-starting
- Excellent time management
Please e-mail the following to email@example.com using “Executive Assistant” and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.