Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI)
Type of position: Employment contract, Full time.
Length of Contract: Twelve months
Date Posted: May 29, 2018
Start Date: ASAP
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to promote the Kurdistan Region’s (KRI) social, educational and economic development, human rights, and to address the humanitarian needs of the residents of the region. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating psychotherapy and case management services with a range of vocational, educational and recreational activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of Finance Manager
SEED is seeking a full-time Finance Manager to work in SEED’s office in Erbil with regular travel to other sites within KRI. The Finance Manager will be responsible for all financial activities within SEED Foundation including producing monthly accounts and donor reports, budget development, cash management, facilitating audits and ensuring compliance with SEED Foundation procedures.
- Control, provide technical support and give feedback on the cashbooks sent by each site.
- Review all supporting documentation to ensure compliance with SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Upload the cashbooks to QuickBooks.
- Provide timely monthly accounting reports to management including Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss analysis.
- Ensure cash flow is smooth and covers all activities.
- Review and approve the cash requests received from each site.
- Ensure weekly cash counts are received from each site.
- Assist with budget development and ensure there is a participative approach in the budgeting process which involves all relevant staff.
- Maintain and implement good working knowledge of all project budgets and applicable SEED Foundation, donor and country law regulations.
- Ensure that all budgets are coded and setup in QuickBooks.
- Review budgets monthly to ensure that costs have been allocated correctly.
- Provide monthly reports to management on budget spend and facilitate budget forecasting and review with relevant staff.
- Provide training to budget holders to ensure that budgets are managed correctly.
- Prepare financial reports as per the donor rules, ensuring they are complete, accurate and produced on a timely basis to ensure adequate review and approval by management.
- Ensure all reports produced are in agreement with the balance as per QuickBooks.
- Ensure that all financial reports are reviewed along with narrative reports.
- Ensure that all relevant staff are aware of any donor specific financial requirements.
- Work with the relevant staff to identify any matters arising in the financial reports and ensure that appropriate action is taken.
- Ensure that all donor reports submitted are filed as per SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Lead preparation for all annual, ad hoc and donor audits. Reviewing and addressing questions of concern from auditors.
- Review and address the 2017 financial transactions and reports. Suggest edits and weakness.
- Ensure proper documentations and filing for SEED financial transactions.
- Ensure that the Fixed Asset Register is maintained and contains all relevant financial information.
- Ensure that internal controls are reviewed monthly and a report produced for management as part of monthly accounts review.
- Ensure controls over payroll exist as per SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Ensure compliance with SEED foundation’s Donation in Kind procedures.
- Visit all offices to ensure full compliance with internal controls.
- Review any partner budgets and subsequent MOUs to ensure compliance with SEED Foundation’s procedures and any donor requirements. Actively be involved in partnerships to ensure continuance financial compliance.
- Review all contracts to ensure financial terms are accurate as per SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Actively review procedures and ensure that at all times that SEED Foundation is in compliance with international best practices for non-profit financial management, and compliance with all donor regulations and requirements.
- Provide training to all staff involved in finance activities and to non-finance staff on finance procedures.
- Participate in the testing, interviewing and recruitment of new finance staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience working in a similar position.
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental organizations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, includes Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and Quickbooks accounting system.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kurdish or Arabic.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexible approach to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Good social skills to establish strong working relationships with colleagues.
Please e-mail the following to email@example.com using “Finance Manager” and “Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.