Job Title: Grants Officer
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to KRI areas
Type of position: Full-time Employment Contract
Length of Contract: 1 year
Date Posted: 6 November , 2018
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating case management and mental health services with a range of educational and recreational activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local case managers, psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of the Grants Officer:
The Grants Officer provides support in grant management, report writing, budget management, management of sub-grants, and in the development of documents and policies. The Grants Officer works closely with SEED’s management team.
Grants and Budget Management:
- Maintain up-to-date soft and hard copy grant files.
- Conduct audits of grant files to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare grant launch, management and closing meeting agendas, sharing relevant documents.
- Prepare and circulate meeting minutes.
- Support preparation of spending plans.
- Prepare for and participate in monthly budget versus actuals (BvA) meetings.
- Support signature and approvals by management.
- Review staff allocations.
- Support the drafting of documents and policies as required.
- Develop project documents and planning tools.
- Work closely with SEED’s management team to ensure compliance with SEED policies, program and grants management procedures, and donor regulations.
- Support the development of concept notes, proposals, and modifications.
- Support the development of new sub-grants, including in the review of proposals, budgets and agreements, as well as leading the due diligence process before award of any sub-grant.
- Support the management of sub-grants, including reporting, working closely with SEED’s management team.
- Support team with reporting, including through designing information gathering and reporting tools.
- Develop and maintain list of reporting deadlines for grants and play key role in collection of data, ensuring accuracy of data, and report writing.
- Support other information and data gathering efforts as required.
- Participate in all training instructed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as necessary, as assigned by supervisor.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field
- At least three years’ experience in similar role
- Strong English language skills, with Kurdish and/or Arabic desirable
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED ambassador at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
Please e-mail the following in one PDF to email@example.com using “Grants Officer“ and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.