Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Officer
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI)
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: One year
Date Posted: September 5, 2018
Start Date: ASAP
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to promote the Kurdistan Region’s (KRI) social, educational and economic development, human rights, and to address the humanitarian needs of the residents of the Region. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating psychotherapy and case management services with a range of vocational, educational and recreational activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role HR Officer
The HR Officer is a full-time position based in HQ- Erbil with some travel to other sites within KRI. The HR Officer will support the work of SEED’s management, perform a full range of HR duties and support administrative requirements for the office.
HR and Personnel:
- Maintain employee Files (soft and hard copies)
- Prepare and make job offers and prepare employee contracts
- Update HR databases
- Maintain human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications
- Prepare payroll and maintain/update absences, leave, overtime, etc.
- Prepare paperwork for HR policies, update policy and forms working with management
- Prepare, organize and implement orientation for new employees, working with management and program staff; disseminate onboarding packages, and explain SEED’s organizational policies
- Administer medical insurance, and disability programs by advising employees of eligibility; providing application information; helping with form completion; verifying submission; notifying employees of approvals
- Prepare exit interviews and procedures, and make sure the all paperwork and final payments for departing employees
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant paperwork and information
- Coordinate HR meetings, seminars, and required trainings
- Manage performance evaluation process/ Performance Reviews.
- Oversee Recruitment Process
- Maintain filing system
- Maintain general HQ facilities, and operations such as office systems, technology, and equipment
- General administrative tasks, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or any other related degree.
- Three years experience as a HR Officer.
- Experience of supporting team of at least 80 personnel.
- At least one year experience in preparing payroll, and contracts.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- High standard of spoken and written English and Arabic or Kurdish.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Salary benefits and allowances dependent on skills and qualifications.
Please send one PDF document containing the following items and e-mail to email@example.com using “HR Officer” and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail:
- Cover letter
- Contact details for Three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary benefits and allowances dependent on skills and qualifications.