Job Title: IT Consultant
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to KRI areas
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Length of Contract: 3-4 Months
Date Posted: X January, 2019
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to promote the Kurdistan Region’s (KRI) social, educational and economic development, human rights, and to address the humanitarian needs of the residents of the region. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating psychotherapy and case management services with a range of vocational, educational and recreational activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of the IT Consultant:
The IT Consultant provides support in developing required system changes, diagnosing computer problems, monitor computer processing systems, install software and perform tests on computer equipment and programs. Also, IT Consultant will be responsible to set up computer equipment, schedule maintenance and teach end users to use programs. As well as making recommendations, such as suggesting appropriate hardware, software and systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing technical system support to end users and responding to IT incidents and requests.
- Supporting and troubleshooting desktop client and server hardware and software issues
- Ensuring that IT systems are effectively protected while maintaining system availability
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software and networking issues
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring operating system software and hardware
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Monitors and controls Data Center and Wide Area Network operations
- Directs the correct system and network administration actions during an event causing service outage
Monitoring the operation applications and storage devices to ensure services are properly provisioned
• Confers with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations
- Proven experience as IT Consultant or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- At least three years’ experience in similar role
- Strong English language skills, with Kurdish and/or Arabic desirable
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Certification as IT Consultant will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
Please e-mail the following in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org using “IT Consultant“ and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.