Job Title: M&E Officer
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to other areas
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: 12 months
Posted: September 5, 2018
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating case management and psychotherapy with a range of psychosocial support activities to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs at the Center for MHPSS at Koya University to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
The M&E Officer will be part of the M&E unit, providing assistance in data collection and data management for all SEED activities. She/he will support the the M&E Unit in designing M&E frameworks, systems, and processes including log-frames and indicator tables, and improve and strengthen M&E tools used within SEED’s programming. She/he will ensure comprehensive data collection in accordance with SEED’s M&E systems and policies and assist in ensuring data is incorporated into SEED’s interventions through timely feedback and reporting loops.
- Maintain M&E system and update M&E plans on quarterly basis
- Assist with assessment/survey data collection
- Support programs teams in data collection and recording
- Enter, clean, sort, categorize and organize data
- Manage M&E reporting schedules and reporting templates in line with programmatic and donor requirements
- Support on-time submission of high quality reports
- Provide translation during focus group discussions and other meetings with community leaders, beneficiaries, or others, as assigned
- Monitor project activities, outputs, and progress towards anticipated results
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with program teams to strengthen programming and impact
- Contribute to SEED’s communications strategy
- Carry out other tasks as assigned
- 2+ years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation in the humanitarian and/or development fields.
- Proven basic skills in M&E; knowledge in mental health and psychosocial support and/or protection programming, a plus.
- Experience working with UN or non-governmental organizations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, includes Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Fluent in spoken and written English AND Kurdish or Arabic.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
Please e-mail the following in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org using “M&E Officer“ and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- Three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.