Job Title: MHPSS Instructor (National or International)
Location: Koya, Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Type of position: Full time, Employment contract
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Date Posted: 13 March, 2018
Start Date: ASAP
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery or survivors of violence and others at risk SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating psychotherapy and case management services with a range of psychosocial support activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of the MHPSS Instructor
The Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Services Instructor is a clinical/counseling psychologist, social worker, or other experienced MHPSS service provider who is compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent with extensive experience providing direct MHPSS services to people who have experienced violence, conflict, torture, and/or other forms of trauma as well as significant training and supervision experience. The Instructor will develop curriculum, teach MHPSS courses, and provide supervision to MHPSS service providers and Clinical Psychology university students.
Psychosocial Support Services Training Program (70%)
- Collaborate with the Director, Center for MHPSS and other MHPSS Instructors to recruit participants, form classes, and implement the PSS Training Program for MHPSS service providers throughout Iraq.
- Adapt the PSS Training Program curriculum to continually improve the program and meet the needs of students enrolled in the course.
- Build a network of qualified guest instructors and coordinate their delivery of training for the program
- Contribute to development of strategy to strengthen and expand the program.
- Implement monitoring and evaluation procedures to ensure the effectiveness of the program.
Support to the Clinical Psychology Program at Koya University (20%)
- Teach a course within the Clinical Psychology department, as assigned.
- Attend faculty meetings, as requested.
- Provide clinical supervision to students during their supervised practicum experience, as requested.
Center for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Services (10%)
- Assist in designing and implementing workshops aimed at strengthening the skills of MHPSS providers and other professionals working with survivors of trauma in Iraq.
- Represent SEED and the Center for MHPSS at meetings.
- Other tasks, as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree in clinical or counseling psychology, social work, or other relevant degree.
- Relevant work experience in curriculum development, teaching and supervision desired
- Clinical and/or academic experience in working with people in conflict and war preferably IDPs and/or refugees and MHPSS services
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills
- High standard of spoken and written English and Arabic; Kurdish a plus
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Salary, benefits and allowances dependent on skills and qualifications.
- Willingness to live in Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Please e-mail the following to email@example.com using “MHPSS Instructor” and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.