Position: Program Director
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to program sites in Dohuk and Suleimaniya
Type of position: Employment contract, Full time.
Length of Contract: One Year but renewable
Compensation and Benefits: This is a competitive salary and benefits and includes relocation expenses and housing allowance.
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to promote the Kurdistan Region’s (KRI) social, educational and economic development, human rights, and to address the humanitarian needs of the residents of the region. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives, including the displaced, survivors of gender based violence (GBV), trafficking, members of religious and ethnic minority groups, and other vulnerable people. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating psychotherapy and case management services with a range of vocational, educational and recreational activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of the Program Director:
We are seeking to hire an international Program Director as a senior executive with SEED to manage an international grant program to protect and empower vulnerable Iraqis through MHPSS and protection services, policy and institutional reform, and capacity building of local service providers. The successful candidate will be an experienced program manager with prior experience in MHPSS and GBV programming, including with displaced persons. We are looking for a compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent person who is able to lead development, planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
Program Management and Leadership:
- Lead responsibility for programmatic, technical and administrative management of the program including quality assurance, monitoring and documentation of results.
- Provide strategic direction and technical advice on program development and implementation with a focus on the protection and empowerment of vulnerable groups.
- Oversee program planning and implementation to ensure program goals, objectives and targets are met.
- Supervise and manage all program staff.
- Develop work plans, oversee implementation and track progress.
MHPSS and Protection Services:
- Lead in the implementation of the program’s strategy to meet the needs of survivors and strengthen support mechanisms.
- Develop practices and policies and ensure that these are adhered to.
- Provide training to program staff.
- Ensure the ethical management of case data and systems, ensuring that data collection informs improved service delivery.
- Develop and lead implementation of plans for outreach with the target community.
Coordination and Organizational Representation:
- Represent SEED with donor, Kurdistan Regional Government, UN, and other NGOs
- Develop strategic partnerships and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, camp managers, community leaders, and other relevant actors.
- Work closely with program partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E):
- Working closely with the M&E Manager, devise program M&E plan.
- Ensure that M&E systems provide adequate feedback to inform program development and course correction as necessary.
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met on time, and that reports are of a high quality.
Staff Management and Capacity Building:
- Supervise, train and build capacity of program staff.
- Devise development plans for all staff members.
- Provide regular, constructive feedback to staff members.
Finance and Budget Management:
- Ensure that program procurement is in line with SEED’s policies and donor regulations.
- Oversee program budget to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Conduct regular budget monitoring to ensure program spending is on track.
- Degree in social work, psychology, international development or other related field desired; Master’s Degree, a plus.
- At least five years of NGO senior program management experience in international settings including project design, implementation, budget management, staff management, and M&E.
- At least three years of experience implementing MHPSS and GBV programming.
- Experience implementing large donor-funded international development and/or humanitarian assistance programs.
- Experience in Iraq and/or Kurdistan Region a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
Please e-mail the following in one PDF to email@example.com using “Program Director” and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three references
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
SEED may hire two people from this Vacancy Announcement.