Job Title: Senior MEAL Manager (National or International)
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to other areas
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: 1 year
Posted: September 5, 2018
Start Date: ASAP
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating case management and psychotherapy with a range of psychosocial support activities to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs at the Center for MHPSS at Koya University to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager
The Senior M&E Manager will take on M&E leadership, technical expertise and data management during the implementation of SEED activities. She/he will be lead design of M&E frameworks, systems and processes including of log-frames, and indicator tables, and improve and strengthen the M&E tools; She/he will ensure the beneficiary participation in all M&E systems, and feedback and data is analyzed for quality interventions. She/he will lead development of an M&E Policy, training, and provide workshops, trainings and communicate lessons to improve the capacity of SEED staff for ongoing and future projects and programs.
Design and Implementation of M&E Systems (70%)
- Provide expertise in M&E planning and methodology
- Design M&E systems and create M&E plans
- Develop and improve data collection tools
- Strengthen data collection systems
- Monitor project activities, outputs and progress towards anticipated results
- Work with data platforms, databases and select technologies to capture and organize data
- Determine data analysis procedures and use of quantitative or qualitative analysis tools
- Clean, sort, categorize and organize data
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Summarizing findings
- Develop reporting schedules and templates in line with programmatic and donor requirements
- Support on-time submission of high quality reports
- Contribute to SEED’s communications strategy
- Lead institutional learning processes
Staff Management and Capacity Building (20%)
- Hire, supervise and strengthen the capacity of MEAL department staff
- Train service providers in monitoring and evaluation processes and provide ongoing coaching
Program Development (10%)
- Make recommendations for course correction as appropriate
- Support development of strong proposals based on identified needs
- 5+ years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation in the humanitarian and/or development fields.
- Proven technical skills in M&E, with experience in mental health and psychosocial support programming, a plus.
- Experience conducting M&E on US-government funded programs.
- Experience of working with UN or non-governmental organizations.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis using packages like SPSS, MS-Excel, and GBVIMS.
- Strong interpretation, report-writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in program development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, includes Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Fluent in spoken and written English; Kurdish or Arabic, a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexible approach to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
Please e-mail the following in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior M&E Manager“ and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.