Job Title: Senior Procurement and Logistics officer
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to KRI areas
Type of Position: Employment contract, Full time
Length of Contract: 12 months
Post Date: 11, January 2019
Start Date: ASAP
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to promote the Kurdistan Region’s (KRI) social, educational and economic development, human rights, and to address the humanitarian needs of the residents of the region. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating psychotherapy and case management services with a range of vocational, educational and recreational activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer:
The Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer is based in Erbil, with frequent travels to other areas of KRI. The Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of Procurement and Logistic processes with emphasis on the following activities:
- Stock Management and Custom Clearance
- Facilities Maintenance, Security and Contracts
- Fleet Management
- Equipment Maintenance and Management
- Service Contracts Management
- Ensure that SEED Foundation’s procedures are carried out for all procurement and that correct supporting documentation and approval is received
- Purchase goods ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market
- Collect quotations and check prices for purchase of goods and services
- Ensure that the suppliers fill in all receipts/invoices for purchases correctly
- Translate receipts/invoices written from Kurdish or Arabic into English
- Ensure the delivery of all purchased items to the requester
- Ensure that Procurement filing systems are maintained and up-to-date as per SEED Foundation’s procedures
- Ensure that contracts are up to date and filled accordingly
Stock Management and Custom Clearance:
- Check, record, and distribute goods received
- Regularly check inventory levels (physical counts)
- When an order is received: Check the number of packages, check packaging and content and inform supervisor of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- Ensure that all items are well organized and correctly stored, protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Managing the Customs clearance by Road and by Air of any stocks received by SEED Foundation
Facilities Management and Maintenance:
- Responsible for the maintenance of equipment and premises
- Carry out repairs when necessary or liaise with repairers as per SEED Foundation procedures
- Responsible for the maintenance and running of fleet, ensuring that the drivers carry out daily/weekly maintenance requirements
- Organize movements of cars as per programme needs
- Ensure equipment management systems/reports are up-to-date and maintained as per SEED Foundation Procedures.
- Carry out an annual Asset check.
- Maintain an asset registry
IT and Communications:
- Ensure that all procurement of computers, software, printers is efficient, cost- effective, and meets requirements.
- Maintenance of computers (hardware and software), and other communications and technical equipment of the organization.
- Distribute communications equipment and manage phone credit system.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED Foundation at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, disability status, marital status and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
- 3+ years’ experience from working in similar position in a professional environment.
- Ensure compliance with SEED Foundation procedures and policies
- Ability to remain focused under pressure with a commitment to work hard and for long hours.
- Good character, cooperative and honest.
- Good knowledge in English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Geographical area knowledge
How to Apply:
Please e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer” and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.