Job Title: Senior Psychologist (Expatriate/International Candidates)
Location: Dohuk, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to program sites
Type of position: One-year Employment contract, Full time,
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits; includes relocation expenses and housing allowance
Date Posted: 13 March, 2018
Start Date: ASAP
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery or survivors of violence and others at risk SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating psychotherapy and case management services with a range of psychosocial support activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of the Senior Psychologist
The Senior Psychologist will provide mental health services as part of SEED’s programming intended to protect, empower, and support the recovery of vulnerable Iraqis through comprehensive mental health and psychosocial support services to survivors of torture, trafficking, and gender-based violence, as well as members of religious and ethnic minorities in the KRI.
The Senior Psychologist will provide psychotherapy, including assessment, individual and group therapy and referrals, through mobile services or in SEED offices to vulnerable Iraqi and their families in various locations throughout KRI. The Senior Psychologist will work with team members and clients of different religious, ethnic, cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds.
The Senior Psychologist will play a technical leadership role in monitoring other psychologists and helping to ensure SEED is meeting client needs. The Senior Psychologist may also play a role in helping SEED to design and implement PSS interventions such as emotional support groups, psychoeducation sessions, etc.
- Collaborate closely with the Case Management Team to contribute to the development of Care Plans, with specific focus on mental health needs.
- Provide confidential ongoing mental health services to clients and their families, as needed, to include the collaborative development of a Treatment Plan using SMART goals.
- Document all interactions with clients or other contacts in relation to a client’s case in accordance with SEED’s case management system.
- Develop and facilitate group therapy, as relevant to the population being served.
- Participate in supervision sessions with the Clinical Advisor.
- Support and advise other psychologists.
- Attend relevant training sessions, as assigned, to ensure that the highest quality of services can be delivered.
- Participate in the development and implementation of outreach and community engagement plans and, PSS activities.
- Participate in the development and implementation of PSS activities including psychoeducation, structured recreational activities, emotional support groups and life skills training.
- Maintains strong working relationships with program partners and government actors.
- Provide organizational representation at coordination and donor meetings.
- Masters in psychology or clinical psychology.
- At least five years of clinical experience; experience with displaced people, survivors of violence, survivors of gender-based violence, a plus.
- At least three years of experience implementing MHPSS and GBV programming; experience international settings a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with native speaker proficiency in Arabic.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
Please create one PDF document containing the following items and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior Psychologist” and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail:
- Cover letter
- Complete contact information for three references.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.