Request for Proposal for MEAL Expert Consultancy
Date: October 4, 2020
Proposals due by: October 18, 2020
SEED Foundation seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) expert to support in the development of a MEAL Policy. The MEAL Policy aims at supporting SEED’s goal of delivering high quality services while at the same time improving programming and compliance with international standards and donor requirements. The MEAL Policy should clearly outline the role of the MEAL Unit in monitoring the attainment of SEED´s objectives, program outputs and high quality service delivery, clarifying the critical role played by the MEAL Unit in each stage of the program cycle. The process of policy development should include the identification of gaps and areas for improvement from the existing system and reporting tools, the development of training materials about the policy, the facilitation of such training for SEED´s staff and the development of checklists and other tools to facilitate the implementation and integrate the MEAL the policy with SEED´s existing systems.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The consultancy will be managed by SEED Foundation Technical Unit in Erbil, KRI. The consultant’s presence is required to work very closely with the MEAL Unit
- The consultant will be required to utilize his/her own technology equipment and maintain workable Skype, ZOOM and email accounts for communication
- All materials produced by the consultant during the period of this consultancy will belong to SEED
- The consultant must sign SEED’s Code of Conduct, and abide by all provisions of these policies for the duration of the consultancy period
- The consultant might be required to travel to Dohuk and areas of program implementation.
- Travel expenses (tickets, living allowance and local transport) shall be covered by SEED according to SEED´s travel policy
DURATION OF THE WORK
In accordance with the requirements above, the consultant is expected to commit to the assignment in November 2020, including remote work and time in the Kurdistan Region, as requested by SEED. The consultant must complete the work within the agreed timeframe.
The expert should have a Master’s Degree in development studies, social sciences, international relations or other fields related to the scope of the assignment; At least Five years of relevant experience related to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning; Excellent English, report writing, presentation and communication skills; Arabic and/or Kurdish language skills would be an asset; Experience in the MENA region is highly preferred.
Your proposal will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Quality of technical proposal that summarizes understanding, methodology and tools to be used and work-plan with a clear timeline
- Financial proposal in USD including the requested Daily Rate fees
- Relevance and length of professional experience
- Relevance of educational background
- Excellent English, Arabic and/or Kurdish language skills would be an asset
- Report writing, presentation and communication skills
- Experience in the MENA region is highly preferred.
Proposals should be submitted by e-mail to SEED Procurement and Logistics Department through the email email@example.com by the date stated above. This RFP in no way obligates SEED Foundation to award a contract, nor does it commit SEED Foundation to pay any costs incurred in the preparation and submission of proposal.