Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region with some travel to other areas in the KRI
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: One year
Start Date: ASAP
About SEED Foundation: SEED is a locally registered NGO in Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED provides comprehensive services, integrating mental health, case management, legal and protection services, with psychosocial support activities to protect and empower survivors, and improve individual, family, and community well-being. SEED supports women, men, boys, and girls who are survivors of violence and other rights abuses, including survivors of conflict, gender-based violence (GBV), trafficking, torture, human rights violations, including internally displaced, refugees, foreign citizens, and host community. Through our Center for MHPSS, SEED strengthens skills of service providers and government actors through education, training and capacity building to better support vulnerable individuals and communities. SEED promotes policy, institutional, regulatory, practice, and social change to strengthen human rights, protections, and services for vulnerable individuals and groups. SEED combats human trafficking through services for survivors and those at risk including shelter protection; strengthen institutional protections through technical assistance, training, public awareness, and advocacy. SEED’s work reflects international best practices and expertise combined with local experience.
Role of Admin Officer: The Admin Officer is a full-time position based in HQ- Erbil with some travel to other sites within KRI. The Admin Officer will support the work of SEED’s management, perform a full range of administrative duties and manage their queries.
● Organizing administrative and logistical aspects of office activities and events, including workshops, meetings and book the meeting rooms accordingly.
● Manage and monitor the availability of accessories, equipment, stationery, office supplies, office stock and placing orders as required.
● Assist the Sr. Operations Manager in ensuring that all staff adheres to SEED regulations and follows SEED standards in their daily work.
● Updating policies and procedures as required.
● Ensure that operational services and contracts are maintained and renewed accordingly (rent, utilities, internet, NCCI), etc.
● Ensure timely payments for operational costs such as rent, service fees, utilities, and any organizational memberships.
● Maintain the organizations’ filing system for Admin documentation and ensure contracts (rent, utilities, and services) are updated on time.
● Maintain and update the online database on Google Drive.
● Obtaining travel visas for new employees.
● Follow-up on Expat staff Residency.
● Maintain and update the online databases on Google Drive for relevant Admin related work.
● Creating, updating, and maintaining records and databases
● Coordinating building and maintenance issues for general repair (heating and air conditioning, security, etc.) and updating (cleaning, painting, etc.)
● Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails, and packages)
● Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
● Ensure that relevant data regarding admin are kept confidential and only communicated to relevant stakeholders.
● General administrative tasks, as required
● University degree in administration, project management, human resources, finances, or related field.
● Experience in supporting a team of at least 80 personnel.
● At least two years of experience in management, Administrator or similar role.
● Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and persuasion skills
● Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively
● Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
● High standard of spoken and written Kurdish and English; Arabic a plus
● Good computer skills, including the use of email and Microsoft Word and Excel
● Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
● Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “Administrative Officer” as the subject of your e-mail.
● Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
● Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.