Administrative Officer (Female)
Erbil, Kurdistan Region with occasional travel to other areas in the KRI
Type of Position
Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. National compensation package.
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Administration Officer
The Administration officer is responsible to support the successful implementation of the shelter through provision of administrative support including human resources, procurement, logistics, finance, and safety and security support. The Administration officer will ensure the shelter maintains adequate supplies at all times and properly documents all expenditures. The Administration Officer is responsible for ensuring all staff and residents are aware of Safety and Security Policies and adhere to them. The Administration Officer will supervise all support staff including security personnel, drivers, and housekeepers.
Management and Administration – 50%
- Ensure all operational and staff conduct policies and procedures are adhered to within the shelter.
- Provide ongoing supervision to direct reports, including the creation of annual staff work plans and performance reviews .
- Identify staff training needs and arrange and/or deliver required trainings.
- Oversee all administrative needs of shelter, including procurement of goods required (food, cleaning supplies, hygiene supplies, etc.) and shelter maintenance.
- Ensure careful and efficient use of shelter resources.
- Maintain and manage shelter vehicles and transportation requests.
Financial Management – 25%
- Oversee day-to-day budget and funds management under multiple grants, including making accurate projections and ensuring efficient spending in accordance with donor requirements.
- Participate in a monthly budget to actual reviews and make adjustments to projections as necessary.
- Report on spending in a timely manner using provided templates.
Safety and Security Management- 25%
- Ensure the shelter’s Security Policy and Procedures are known and followed by all staff.
- Facilitate annual security training regarding critical incident procedures and other relevant topics, or as needed.
- Manage security team for the shelter, ensuring 24/7 coverage by security personnel.
- Ensure all incident reports are documented properly and maintained in a confidential file.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED ambassador at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status, and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
- University degree in administration, project management, human resources, finances, or related field.
- Experience in supporting a team of at least 80 personnel.
- At least two years of experience in management, Administrator or similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and persuasion skills
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- High standard of spoken and written Kurdish and English; Arabic a plus
- Good computer skills, including the use of email and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
How to Apply