Cash Assistance Manager
Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of Position
Employment contract/ National contract
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience.
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen rights and protections for vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of the Cash Assistance Manager
The Cash Assistance Manager is the lead person responsible for overseeing and supporting the effective implementation of SEED’s cash assistance programming for survivors and those at risk of violence across all grants and programs, ensuring full compliance with all policies, and that all regulations are adhered to. The CAC is SEED’s lead on overseeing and ensuring the effectiveness, accountability, and efficiency of the cash assistance policy, system, and programming.
Policy, Process, and Systems Development, Maintenance, and Improvement
- Support the implementation of the cash assistance policy by building and managing systems and processes, ensure the process is running smoothly, and make recommendations for changes to policy or procedures when needed.
- Conduct regular policy and process reviews to ensure the system is efficient and effective.
- Track and analyze all assistance and report to senior management on program implementation and effectiveness.
- Update cash assistance policy and all other forms and trackers as needed.
- Ensure the funding source criteria document is updated as new programs and funding sources are added to SEED’s portfolio.
- Ensure the eligible needs and typical costs sheet is updated according to the funding source criteria and is in line with current market costs.
- Update the progress tracker with new locations, staff, and programs, as applicable.
- Manage the appropriate delegation and identification of approvers for cash assistance requests across programs and as new programs and personnel are added.
- Monitor and ensure those who have access to cash assistance files and documents remain secure and in line with confidentiality requirements.
- Identify alternative processes for cash assistance across different locations, programs, and clientele, as appropriate.
- Create a document management system for the cash management process, including for operations, programs, and field offices.
- Create documents, guidance, procedures, checklists, and organization tools as needed.
- Create and manage a verification system and table and disseminate it.
- Represent SEED at the Cash Assistance working group; follow and share developments, guidance, and best practices.
- Disseminate all updates and changes to program and operations offices as appropriate.
Implementation of Cash Assistance Programming
- Track all cash assistance requests and approvals received
- Provide updates on the progress of cash assistance requests to relevant team members
- Ensure all requests and documents received to comply with the Cash Assistance Policy and request additional documentation and information as needed.
- Verify whether beneficiaries have received cash assistance in the past and document the amounts.
- Process cash assistance requests received and sent them to the appropriate approvers promptly and accurately.
- Coordinate closely and maintain close communication with service delivery staff, management, finance, procurement and logistics, approvers, and MEAL across all phases of the cash assistance process.
- Maintained document storage and accurate filing systems for all cash assistance requests, files, and documentation, ensuring all documentation is collected in accordance with safe data storage requirements.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Contribute to high-quality reporting (across programs, locations, and specific vulnerability criteria).
- Provide monthly reports about Cash Assistance spending and ensure the funds are appropriately allocated based on the funding source.
- Coordinate closely with program directors and MEAL to report on the number of beneficiaries supported through cash assistance to track progress toward programmatic targets.
- Support MEAL with tracking the occurrence of cash assistance verification calls, including documentation to ensure client safety and reporting client feedback to management.
- Support with providing high-quality, success/impact stories related to cash assistance when appropriate with confidentiality standards
- Proactively identify training gaps across cash assistance implementation.
- Train staff about cash assistance-related tasks, forms, and processes.
- Orient new and existing staff to their roles within the cash assistance process, including those transitioning to a different role.
- Create tools and guidance for staff members to help them understand and follow the cash assistance policy and process.
- At least four years of NGO experience, including cash assistance and protection experience.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and persuasion skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively.
- High standard of spoken and written English; Kurdish and/or Arabic a plus.
- Excellent computer skills.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this LINK.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, SEED only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.