Job Title: Cashier and Admin Assistant
Location: Dohuk, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with regular travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: 12 months
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local Compensation Package
About SEED Foundation: SEED is a locally registered NGO in Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED provides comprehensive services, integrating mental health, case management, legal and protection services, with psychosocial support activities to protect and empower survivors, and improve individual, family, and community well-being. SEED supports women, men, boys, and girls who are survivors of violence and other rights abuses, including survivors of conflict, gender-based violence (GBV), trafficking, torture, human rights violations, including internally displaced, refugees, foreign citizens, and host community. Through our Center for MHPSS, SEED strengthens skills of service providers and government actors through education, training and capacity building to better support vulnerable individuals and communities. SEED promotes policy, institutional, regulatory, practice, and social change to strengthen human rights, protections, and services for vulnerable individuals and groups. SEED combats human trafficking through services for survivors and those at risk including shelter protection; strengthen institutional protections through technical assistance, training, public awareness, and advocacy. SEED’s work reflects international best practices and expertise combined with local experience.
Role of the Cashier and Admin Assistant :
We are seeking to hire a cashier and admin assistant who will prepare and monitor all cash payments ensuring SEED Foundation standards and guidelines are followed as well as perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
- Track leaves and timesheets
- Track office supplies stock and place orders when necessary
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Ensure there are adequate cash resources in the office to cover all planned activities and request cash when required.
- Collect cash from the bank and be SEED Foundation’s representative for day-to-day banking activities/requests.
- Review all paperwork provided prior to writing cheques and making the payments.
- Responsible for the disbursement of cash in accordance with SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Review and prepare bank transfers and payroll transfers if required.
- Maintain and update the cash record on a daily basis.
- Ensure weekly and month-end cash counts are carried out and adequately approved as per SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Ensure adequate referencing and filing of paperwork.
- Scan, file, backup and send it to the appropriate department.
- Ensure full understanding of and adherence to SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related fields.
- 1+ years’ experience in cashier and admin in the humanitarian and/or development fields.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Fluent in spoken and written Kurdish, Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience as a cashier.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Cashier and Admin Assistant ” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.