Erbil with occasional travel to other areas in the KRI
Type of Position
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. National compensation package.
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of Center Coordinator (CC)
The Center Coordinator will work at Awat house and will manage the center, PSS activities, ensure logistical and procurement needs of the center are met including HR and Administrative management of the center and staff operating at the center. The Center Coordinator will work closely with all the operational, service delivery and technical staff working to ensure the effective running of services and activities at the center and ensure SEED policies and procedures at the center are implemented accordingly. The Center Coordinator will also ensure that humanitarian actors, beneficiaries, donors and government officials visiting the center are well received and undertake coordination with camp managers and/or other stakeholders when required.
The Center Coordinator will be reporting to the Service Delivery Coordinator.
Management of Center and Activities – 60%
- Work with program and service delivery staff in particular the SD Coordinator to ensure the availability and access of services to beneficiaries visiting the centre. This includes the availability of appropriate resources and information to assist the community.
- Responsible for the opening and closing of the Center and ensure the Center is open and accessible during the official opening times and maintain and manage center transportation requests for staff.
- Oversee logistics and all administrative needs of the center, including procurement of goods required (food, cleaning supplies, hygiene supplies, etc.) and center maintenance.
- Create and manage a weekly calendar and organize, book, and schedule PSS activities, training, events and campaigns planned for the center and ensure that activities take place in a timely manner and in accordance with program objectives and community needs.
- Supervise operational staff such as guards and cleaners at the center jointly with the Operations Director.
- Ensure that PSS activities are implemented in accordance with SEED policies and program objectives.
- Ensure that the center security policies and procedures are known and followed by all staff and beneficiaries.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported, documented and maintained properly in a confidential file including the reporting of incidents in a timely manner to the SDCs.
- Undertaken monthly inventory for office supplies, stationery and storage items.
Administration – 20%
- Ensure the submission of center staff time sheets and attendance sheets including necessary leave documents.
- Ensure that all center needs are identified and shared with the Service Delivery Coordinator for review before raising purchase requests.
- Follow up on needed logistical documents such as invoices from the field based on the center needs.
- Ensure that all SEED policies and guidelines are followed and understood by the SEED center.
- Organization of meetings, put together meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- Track performance appraisals of Center staff ensuring that the correct templates are used, appraisals are taking place on time and coordination and submission is undertaken with the HR.
- Ensure the monthly inventory of the center needs and storage.
Reporting, Representation and Coordination – 20%
- Provide organizational representation at working groups, media and donor visits, and other areas as needed.
- Provide regular feedback about staff performance to the SDCs.
- SEEDs coordination and collaboration with the relevant stakeholders
- Support the preparation and maintenance of referral pathways and service mapping.
- Support the collection and accuracy of data as requested
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience as an Admin, HR or Center manager within an NGO.
- Experience working in PSS activities, tracking activities and managing PSS and activities schedule.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships with team members and clients.
- Strong computer skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, Arabic, or Kurdish(Badini).
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Strong communication skills.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link: https://seedkurdistan.odoo.com/jobs/detail/center-coordinator-246
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.