Job Title: Cleaner
Location: Sulaymaniyah, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI)
Type of position: Full time /Service Contract
Length of Contract: 12 months
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local Compensation Package
About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, aftercare services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Cleaner:
The Cleaner is responsible for maintaining a clean, and hygienic environment at the Suli Office. The cleaner will report to the Operation Officer.
Cleaning Office Space: 80%
- Clean the office in accordance with specific guidance provided by the Supervisor.
- Dusting and cleaning ceiling vents, surface areas, and counter surface
- Perform general sweeping, scrubbing, mopping of hardwood, laminate, or tiled floors.
- Polishing furniture and room accessories as needed
- Cleaning windows, glass surfaces, and mirrors.
- Keeping all public spaces neat and tidy.
- Maintaining and upkeep of all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products
- Make adjustments and minor repairs.
- Follow all health and safety regulations inline with SEED’s safety policy and child protection standards.
- Respect the confidentiality of all beneficiaries and report incidents of concern to the line manager or the Head of Office/Director of Programs.
Stock and Supply Monitoring & Reporting Repairs: 20%
- Reporting repairs and replacements needed when encountered on the job.
- Refilling supplies, such as toilet paper and paper towels
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Assists other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests
- Provide a safe, welcoming environment for all SEED beneficiaries.
- Performs other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED ambassador at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality,
disability status, marital status, and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “Cleaner” as the subject of your email.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.