Job Title: Community Coordinator – Duhok
Location: Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with regular travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of position: Full time / Employment Contract
Length of Contract: 12 months
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local Compensation Package
About SEED Foundation: SEED is a locally registered NGO in Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED provides comprehensive services, integrating mental health, case management, legal and protection services, with psychosocial support activities to protect and empower survivors, and improve individual, family, and community well-being. SEED supports women, men, boys, and girls who are survivors of violence and other rights abuses, including survivors of conflict, gender-based violence (GBV), trafficking, torture, human rights violations, including internally displaced, refugees, foreign citizens, and host community. Through our Center for MHPSS, SEED strengthens skills of service providers and government actors through education, training and capacity building to better support vulnerable individuals and communities. SEED promotes policy, institutional, regulatory, practice, and social change to strengthen human rights, protections, and services for vulnerable individuals and groups. SEED combats human trafficking through services for survivors and those at risk including shelter protection; strengthens institutional protections through technical assistance, training, public awareness, and advocacy. SEED’s work reflects international best practices and expertise combined with local experience.
Role of Community Coordinator
The Community Coordinator will conduct outreach and facilitate PSS activities in various locations throughout Duhok governorate. The Community Coordinator will also coordinate a team of community mobilizers and other service providers conducting PSS activities, and may be asked to contribute to developing PSS interventions and associated materials, and providing training and supervision to staff in the implementation of PSS activities. This position reports directly to the Program Manager.
Organizational Representation and Community Outreach (30%)
- Develop plans for outreach to community members and identification of families and individuals in need of psychosocial support services that fit within SEED’s target population.
- Coordinate with community leaders and camp management to ensure access to target communities.
- Conduct outreach activities.
Deliver High-Quality PSS Activities (30%)
- Mobilize clients and community members into groups for PSS activities, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Facilitate PSS activities, including awareness-raising/education sessions and support groups focused on topics such as mental health, GBV prevention, parenting, life-skills, etc.
- As requested by SEED’s technical unit, contribute to the development of PSS intervention curricula and associated materials.
Team Coordination (30%)
- Coordinate a team of community mobilizers and other service providers conducting outreach and PSS activities, including schedules and locations.
- As requested, provide training and supervision to staff in the implementation of PSS activities.
- Coordinate closely with case managers and psychologists delivering PSS activities.
- Collect monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data associated with PSS activities.
- Compile and report on M&E data collected by other service providers. This includes ensuring taking attendance of participants and keeping hard/ soft copies of attendance sheets.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of clients at all times.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Work as part of a mobile team alongside case managers and psychologists serving IDPs in camp and non-camp settings, primarily in Duhok governorate.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED ambassador at all times
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status, and ethnicity.
- Working collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a community coordinator, mobilizer, social worker, or case manager, preferably with IDPs or refugees, in an NGO.
- Knowledge of psychosocial support activities, community outreach and mobilization, case management, and referral pathways.
- Experience working with survivors of SGBV and other populations experiencing a lack of social protection and social inequalities.
- University degree in social work, psychology, or related field, a plus.
- Counseling experience and/or experience providing psychological first aid a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- High standard of spoken and written Kurdish, Arabic, and English.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “Community Coordinator – Duhok” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.