Job Title: Driver – Duhok
Location: Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of position: Service Contract, Full time
Length of Contract: Monthly renewal until terminated in writing
Compensation and Benefits: Local Compensation Package
About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking in persons (TIP) including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Driver:
The driver is a full-time position based in Duhok with regular visits to other sites within KRI. The driver will be responsible for driving staff from Duhok to all SEED Foundation related camps in other areas within KRI and undertakes other trips as required by management.
- Responsible and safe driving in accordance with the laws of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and SEED’s Fleet Policy, with the safety of the passengers as the highest priority.
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state, etc.
- In liaison with the line manager, arrange for repairs and servicing
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment.
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops.
- The contractor must perform maintenance duties in the office during the time spent in the office.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle is always in good working condition and meets SEED safety and security standards.
- Possess a valid driving license and always have it ready for inspection
- Experience from working as a Driver in a professional environment
- Flexibility with working shifts (morning, evening and late-night)
- Always wear a safety belt while driving and ensuring all passengers do the same
- Phone calls while driving are not allowed
Maintenance of the vehicle:
- Check on a weekly basis the vehicle’s motor, oil level, breaks liquid, air pressure of wheels, windshield liquid, etc.
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns, and needs of repair and general maintenance/service
- Organize any necessary maintenance after receiving the supervisor’s approval.
- Ensure all necessary equipment and material is present in the vehicle and in good condition (tools, spare wheel, airlift, belts, ropes, etc.)
- Support the logistics team for manual tasks.
- Report any security related issues to the supervisor.
- Maintaining full confidentiality for all work-related information.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED Foundation at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, disability status, marital status, and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
- At least 3+ years’ experience from working as a driver in a professional environment.
- Ensure compliance with SEED Foundation procedures and policies
- Ability to remain focused under pressure with a commitment to work hard and for long hours.
- Good character, cooperative and honest.
- Good knowledge in Kurdish and Arabic, English is a plus.
- Geographical area knowledge
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
Typical Vehicles – Minimum Specification:
Model: 2016 and above
Type: 4*4, SUV, (3 Seats) ongoing maintenance, in accordance with SEED’s Fleet Policy and other requirements, and insurance.
- The Vehicle must be in sound and safe condition and free of any known faults or defects that would affect its safe operation under normal use. (ALL AIRBAGS SHOULD WORK)
- The Vehicle must be insured by an authorized insurance company.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “Driver – Duhok” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.