Job Title: Driver – 3 positions
Type of Contract: Employment Contract
Type of position: Full time – 40 hours per week, with evening and weekend on-call
Length of Contract: 12 Months
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to promote the Kurdistan Region’s (KRI) social, educational and economic development, human rights, and to address the humanitarian needs of the residents of the region. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating psychotherapy and case management services with a range of vocational, educational and recreational activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
ABOUT THE STEPS CENTER
The STEPS Center is a shelter for survivors of trafficking and those at-risk exists to protect, empower, and support the recovery and reintegration of survivors and those at-risk of human trafficking. The STEPS Center exists through a public-private partnership between SEED and the Kurdistan Regional Government. The objectives of the shelter are to 1) provide safe shelter to survivors and those at-risk; 2) provide comprehensive services to survivors necessary to support their recovery and reintegration goals, including services for physical health, mental health, legal support, economic empowerment, social support, and long-term housing options; and 3) equip residents to know and claim their rights. The shelter staff are committed to providing services that are survivor-centered, rights-based, trauma informed, and non-discriminatory.
ROLE OF THE DRIVER
The Driver will be responsible for providing safe transportation for the STEPS Center, including for residents and staff as directed by management. The Driver must be willing and interested to work with team members and residents of different religious, ethnic, cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Responsible and safe driving in accordance with the laws of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and the STEPS Center policies, with the safety of the passengers as the highest priority.
- Check on a weekly basis the vehicle’s motor, oil level, breaks liquid, air pressure of wheels, windshield liquid, etc.
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns and needs of repair and general maintenance/service
- Organize any necessary maintenance after receiving supervisor’s approval.
- Ensure all necessary equipment and material is present in the vehicle and in good condition (tools, spare wheel, airlift, belts, ropes, etc.)
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment, including a well-stocked first aid kit.
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle is always in good working condition and meets SEED safety and security standards.
- Ensure compliance with shelter procedures and policies, including confidentiality of all residents, staff, and location.
- Performs other tasks, as directed by supervisor.
- 3+ years’ experience from working as a Driver in a professional environment.
- Ability to remain focused under pressure with a commitment to work hard for long hours.
- Good character, cooperative, and honest.
- Good knowledge in Kurdish and English; Arabic is a plus.
- Geographical area knowledge.
Salary, benefits and allowances dependent on skills and qualifications. Please create one PDF document containing the following items and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Driver – FULL NAME” as the subject of your email:
- Cover letter
- Three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.