Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: 12 months
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local Compensation Package
Posted on: September 30, 2019
About SEED Foundation: SEED is a locally registered NGO in Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED provides comprehensive services, integrating mental health, case management, legal and protection services, with psychosocial support activities to protect and empower survivors, and improve individual, family, and community well-being. SEED supports women, men, boys, and girls who are survivors of violence and other rights abuses, including survivors of conflict, gender-based violence (GBV), trafficking, torture, human rights violations, including internally displaced, refugees, foreign citizens, and host community. Through our Center for MHPSS, SEED strengthens skills of service providers and government actors through education, training and capacity building to better support vulnerable individuals and communities. SEED promotes policy, institutional, regulatory, practice, and social change to strengthen human rights, protections, and services for vulnerable individuals and groups. SEED combats human trafficking through services for survivors and those at risk including shelter protection; strengthen institutional protections through technical assistance, training, public awareness, and advocacy. SEED’s work reflects international best practices and expertise combined with local experience.
Role of the Executive Assistant:
We are seeking to hire an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to SEED’s President and Executive Director. The successful candidate will be an experienced administrator who is highly organized, professional and has exceptional interpersonal skills. We are looking for a detail-oriented team player and a self-starting individual who is able to support a senior executive and work collaboratively with all members of the management team, staff, Board of Directors, and people outside of the organization.
- Provides overall administrative support to the President.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, speaking engagements, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Ensures all relevant meeting materials are prepared, staff and other participants are notified, agendas are distributed, and all meeting arrangements and logistics are made.
- Manages information flow and documentation for the President, including establishing a system for review and approval.
- Manages projects and initiatives of the President, and participates on project teams in the organization.
- Maintains positive, professional, and collaborative relationships with all staff and ensures that the office environment is based on respect, professionalism, equality, and the spirit of teamwork.
- Provides tactical support to our leadership and management team and works together in partnership with them to manage the organization’s key priorities.
- Ensures confidentiality at all times.
- Produces documents by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Reads respond to and manage routine correspondence; draft letters and documents.
- Welcomes guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Files documents and organize administrative systems.
- Records meeting discussions creates task lists, communicates tasks to staff and follows up.
- Ensures operation of President’s equipment and ensures supplies are available.
- Guarantees professionally written correspondence by composing, editing, and proofing a variety of written and visual deliverables.
- Performs at a high level with exceptional organizational and administrative skills.
- Can communicate with diverse audiences, senior government officials, donors, and board members, allied organizations, and staff.
- Pitches in with office management responsibilities as a true team member.
- Carries out other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of experience in the related field.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Knows how to schedule and coordinate complicated meetings, events, and travel.
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines and work under stress.
- Possesses excellent oral and writing communication skills in English and Kurdish, Arabic is a plus.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, solve problems; resourceful.
- Experience creating systems, processes, and procedures.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Google; IOS/MAC experience a plus.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and self-starting.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “Executive Assistant” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.