Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of Position
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience.
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen rights and protections for vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of the Finance Manager
SEED is seeking a Finance Manager to work in SEED’s office in Erbil with occasional travel to other sites within KRI. The Finance Manager will be responsible for a variety of tasks and duties assigned as per the scope of work such as but not limited to overseeing the financial management of the organization, including budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, and compliance. This position requires excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. The Finance Manager must be familiar with accounting software and financial management tools, and be able to work collaboratively with other staff and external stakeholders.
- Develop and manage the organization’s budget, including tracking and reporting on budget performance.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Manage the day-to-day financial operations of the organization, including full accounts closure and reconciliation.
- Manage the organization’s banking, cash flow management, and forecasting.
- Prepare and present financial reports to the senior management on a regular basis, including BVAs, balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including donors, auditors, and regulatory agencies.
- Work with program staff to develop budgets and financial reports for grant proposals and reports.
- Ensure compliance with donors’ specific requirements and all legal and regulatory requirements, including tax filings and audits.
- Manage and mentor finance staff to ensure high-quality financial management across the organization.
- Participate in organizational planning and strategy development, providing financial analysis and recommendations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; CMA, CPA, or other relevant certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial management, preferably in a nonprofit or NGO setting.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to manage complex financial data and make informed recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate financial information to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Proficiency in accounting software and financial management tools, such as Odoo ERP system and MS. Excel.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to mentor and develop staff.
- Knowledge of donor funding regulations and compliance requirements.
- Proven experience working on programs funded by the US government and a strong understanding of their regulations and guidelines.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
- High standard of spoken and written English; Arabic and/or Kurdish
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this LINK.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, SEED only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.