Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with regular travel to other areas of KRI
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Finance Officer: The Finance Officer will be responsible for a variety of tasks and duties assigned as per the scope of work.
Main Tasks :
- Record daily financial transactions in SEED accounting software system.
- Verifying that any transaction is supported by proper supporting documentation as per SEED’s finance procedures and proper authorization is obtained prior to releasing the payment.
- Perform proper accountancy and financial closure according to SEED Foundation procedures.
- Assist the Senior Finance Officer in the reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts
- Ensure that Social Security/Income Taxes are calculated, submitted, and paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain a list of outstanding advances and ensure that all procedures over advances have strictly adhered to the SEED Policies.
- Assist Finance Manager in internal/external audits, in responding to audits questions and providing documentation requested.
- Supervise SEED’s Cashier and provide the needed support on the daily transactions.
- Ensure there are adequate cash resources in the office to cover all planned activities and request cash when required.
- Ensure weekly and month-end cash counts are carried out and adequately approved as per SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Prepare bank transfers and payroll transfers.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure full understanding of and adherence to SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Finance / Accounting Degree
- Previous work experience in NGO’s in finance roles.
- Two or more years of accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Proven experience in working on ERP System
- Strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English, Kurdish, and Arabic language skills
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Finance Officer” as the subject of your email.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.