Job Title: GBV and Protection Senior Trainer
Location: Sulaimania, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to other areas of KRI, including overnight stays. (50%)
Type of position: Full time.
Length of Contract: One year
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local compensation package.
About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the GBV and Protection Trainer:
The GBV and Protection Trainer will strengthen the capacity of local government personnel to prevent and respond to GBV and other forms of violence and increase protection for at-risk groups. The GBV and Protection Senior Trainer will support the training delivery and provide hands-on capacity building support and on-job coaching to participants in SEED’s training program between classroom training weeks when they return to their workplaces and apply new learning and skills in their professional roles. The GBV and Protection Senior Trainer will assess learning and needs and make recommendations to address those needs. This role will involve close collaboration and relationship-building with local government personnel.
Training and Hands-On Capacity Building (80%)
- Working collaboratively with other team members, supporting the design and development of training curricula and materials, adapting SEED’s current curriculum as needed.
- Support the training delivery using interactive and student-centered approaches.
- Provide hands-on capacity building support and on-job coaching to training participants in their workplaces as they apply new knowledge and strengthen skills.
- Provide support on an individual basis and in groups.
- Conduct regular assessments of participant skills and needs.
- Make recommendations to address any capacity gaps, including revisions to training curricula and materials.
- Identify challenges or concerns and work collaboratively with SEED management and sending government agencies to overcome them.
- Build collaborative working relationships with sending agencies.
Monitoring and Evaluation (15%)
- Ensure all activities are properly monitored, documented, evaluated, and reported on.
- Support program M&E, including development of tools, to ensure that M&E systems provide adequate feedback on PSS interventions.
- Generate feedback from participants and their sending agencies.
- Develop lessons learned.
- Contribute to quality reporting.
Coordination and Organizational Representation (5%)
- Maintain strong, effective working relationships with key stakeholders, particularly agencies receiving capacity building.
- Provide content and input on communications materials including website, promotional materials, and social media, and ensure it complies with SEED’s storytelling policy.
- Degree in law, social work, psychology, international development or other relevant field.
- At least five years of experience in GBV and protection programming.
- At least three years of experience in GBV and protection capacity, with experience in government capacity building a plus.
- At least three years of NGO experience.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively.
- High standards of spoken and written English, Kurdish and Arabic are preferable.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “GBV and Protection Senior Trainer” as the subject of your email.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.