Job Title: GBV and Protection Training Assistant
Location: Sulaimania, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with regular travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of position: Employment contract, full-time
Length of Contract: 12 months
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local compensation package.
About SEED Foundation: SEED is a locally registered NGO in Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED provides comprehensive services, integrating mental health, case management, legal and protection services, with psychosocial support activities to protect and empower survivors, and improve individual, family, and community well-being. SEED supports women, men, boys, and girls who are survivors of violence and other rights abuses, including survivors of conflict, gender-based violence (GBV), trafficking, torture, human rights violations, including internally displaced Iraqis, refugees, foreign citizens, and members of the host community. Through our Center for MHPSS, SEED strengthens skills of service providers and government actors through education, training and capacity building to better support vulnerable individuals and communities. SEED promotes policy, institutional, regulatory, practice, and social change to strengthen human rights, protections, and services for vulnerable individuals and groups. SEED combats human trafficking through services for survivors and those at risk including shelter protection; strengthens institutional protections through technical assistance, training, public awareness, and advocacy. SEED’s work reflects international best practices and expertise combined with local experience.
Role of the MHPSS Assistant Instructor/Supervisor:
The GBV and Protection Training Assistant will support trainers in delivering training and capacity building..
- Support the delivery of training.
- Provide interpretation during training between Kurdish and English.
- Translate training materials from English to Kurdish
- Assume responsibility for registering participants.
- Organize training including booking venue, lunch and refreshments, printing of materials, and readying the training room.
- Support small group work during training.
- Deliver self-care training during training.
- Take notes.
- Identify and report on challenges.
- Maintain full records.
- Contribute to M&E and quality reporting.
- Other assigned tasks.
- Degree in social work, psychology, international development or other related field desired.
- At least three years of experience in GBV/Protection/MHPSS programming or case management in an NGOs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- Excellent oral and written English and Kurdish.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “GBV and Protection Training Assistant” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.