Job Title: Housekeeper
Type of Contract: Employment Contract
Type of position: Full time – 40 hours per week
Length of Contract: 12 Months
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to promote the Kurdistan Region’s (KRI) social, educational and economic development, human rights, and to address the humanitarian needs of the residents of the region. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives. SEED takes a comprehensive approach to recovery, integrating psychotherapy and case management services with a range of vocational, educational and recreational activities, to reduce symptoms of trauma, empower and protect survivors, and improve individual and family well-being. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. Finally, SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
ABOUT THE STEPS CENTER
The STEPS Center is a shelter for survivors of trafficking and those at-risk exists to protect, empower, and support the recovery and reintegration of survivors and those at-risk of human trafficking. The STEPS Center exists through a public-private partnership between SEED and the Kurdistan Regional Government. The objectives of the shelter are to 1) provide safe shelter to survivors and those at-risk; 2) provide comprehensive services to survivors necessary to support their recovery and reintegration goals, including services for physical health, mental health, legal support, economic empowerment, social support, and long-term housing options; and 3) equip residents to know and claim their rights. The shelter staff are committed to providing services that are survivor-centered, rights-based, trauma informed, and non-discriminatory.
ROLE OF THE HOUSEKEEPER
The Housekeeper will be responsible for cleaning all spaces within the STEPS Center. The Housekeeper must be willing and interested to work with team members and residents of different religious, ethnic, cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ensure the shelter is kept tidy on a daily basis to include dusting, sweeping, and washing.
- Disinfect and wash sinks, toilets, floors, etc.
- Wash windows, door panels, partitions, and splits.
- Replenish bathroom and kitchen supplies.
- Launder bed sheet and towels in order to keep a hygienic environment.
- Ensure that offices are properly stocked with washing and cleaning supplies.
- Empty waste paper baskets, dustbins, and shredding machines.
- Report any damages, breakages, or other maintenance issues to line manager.
- Assist in cooking meals for residents and shopping for supplies.
- Ensure compliance with shelter procedures and policies, including confidentiality of all residents, staff, and location.
- Performs other duties given by his/her supervisor.
- 2+ years’ experience working as a Cleaner in a professional environment.
- Ability to remain focused under pressure with a commitment to work hard.
- Good character, cooperative, and honest.
- Good knowledge in English; Kurdish, Arabic or other languages is a plus.
Salary, benefits and allowances dependent on skills and qualifications. Please create one PDF document containing the following items and e-mail to email@example.com using “Housekeeper – FULL NAME” as the subject of your email:
- Cover letter
- Three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.