Location: Erbil with occasional travel to other areas in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq
Type of position: Full time – 40 hours per week, plus on-call responsibilities
ABOUT THE STEPS CENTER
The STEPS Center is a safe house for survivors of trafficking and those at-risk exists to protect, empower, and support the recovery and reintegration of its residents. The STEPS Center exists through a public-private partnership between SEED and the Kurdistan Regional Government. The objectives of the safe house are to 1) provide safe housing to survivors and those at-risk; 2) provide comprehensive services to survivors necessary to support their recovery and reintegration goals, including services for physical health, mental health, legal support, economic empowerment, social support, and long-term housing options; and 3) equip residents to know and claim their rights. STEPS Center staff are committed to providing services that are survivor-centered, rights-based, trauma-informed, and non-discriminatory.
ROLE OF THE MANAGER, STEPS CENTER FOR SURVIVORS OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING
The Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the STEPS Center, a safe house for survivors of human trafficking and those at-risk, ensuring all policies, procedures, and guidelines are followed by staff. Additionally, the Manager will collaborate with government and NGO partners to ensure holistic service provision within the home. The Manager will ensure the dignity, respect, and confidentiality of all staff and residents within the home, upholding the STEP Center’s mission, objectives, core values, and guiding principles. The safety, health, and wellbeing of residents and staff are the Manager’s primary objectives in addition to the successful budget and administrative management of all operations within the home.
Management & Administration – 50%
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to within the home.
- Lead the Admissions Committee to review assessments for individuals requesting assistance.
- Provide ongoing supervision to direct reports, including the creation of annual staff work plans and performance reviews.
- Identify staff training needs and arrange and/or deliver required trainings.
- Oversee day-to-day budget and funds management under multiple grants, including making accurate projections and ensuring efficient spending in accordance with donor requirements.
- Oversee all administrative needs of the home, including procurement and maintenance.
- Ensure proper maintenance of safety and security systems and procedures within the home.
- Ensure service delivery within the home is in line with SEED and STEPS Center values and operating principles.
- Oversee the implementation of the STEPS Center Staff Wellbeing Plan
Partnership & Coordination Development – 25%
- Develop strategic partnerships for comprehensive service provision to residents, including the vetting of all potential partners.
- Maintain effective relationships through strong, consistent communication with partners and clear written agreements.
Reporting & Strategic Planning – 20%
- Ensure all staff understand and have the capacity to follow monitoring and evaluation procedures and collaborate with SEED’s Monitoring and Evaluation Unit to address challenges in a timely manner.
- Oversee the management of a database for the shelter program.
- Make recommendations for program development and course correction.
- Produce high-quality monthly reports within assigned timeframes.
- Contribute to the attainment of sustainable funding streams for operations through robust strategic planning, budget development, and contributions to donor proposals.
Communications and Organizational Representation – 5%
- Represent the STEPS Center with the cluster system, donors, and other stakeholders, as is deemed strategic and relevant.
- In collaboration with SEED’s Communication team, develop content for websites, newsletters, and social media and participate in media engagements as requested.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with government and non-government partners and represent and promote the STEP Center’s mission, values, and work.
- University degree in social work, law, sociology, psychology, or a related field
- Experience working with survivors of gender-based violence or trafficking in persons for 5+ years
- Experience working within a shelter serving survivors of violence preferred
- Administrative and leadership experience; experience providing supervision and oversight to case managers strongly preferred
- Strong belief in human rights and equality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and persuasion skills
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills with a high standard of spoken and written English; Kurdish or Arabic a plus
- Good computer skills, including the use of email and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Manager, STEPS Center for Survivors of Human Trafficking” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.