Job Title: MEAL Assistant
Location: Erbil, with frequent travel within KRI
Type of position: Full time – Employment Contract
Length of Contract: One year
Start Date: ASAP
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking in persons (TIP) including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant
We are seeking to hire a MEAL Assistant who will be part of the MEAL team of Technical Unit, directly implementing all MEAL processes and activities required to improve programme quality. The MEAL Assistance will assist in data collection, verification and management for all SEED activities. She/he will ensure comprehensive data collection in accordance with SEED’s MEAL systems and policies and assist in ensuring data is incorporated into SEED’s interventions through timely feedback and reporting loops.
- Monitor project activities to ensure quality interventions and adherence to minimum standards; compile and report on monitoring data.
- Support program teams in collection and recording of service delivery-related information/data.
- Ensure that forms are duly and timely completed and submitted by service providers.
- Ensure quality preparation of program reports/documents.
- Working closely with the Operations and Compliance Coordinator.
- Ensure that all clients receiving cash assistance are verified and recorded in the compiled Monthly Post-distribution List according to the provided SOPs.
- Ensure the confidentiality of data is respected, and this information is not shared with any irrelevant staff members or external persons/ organizations.
- Share monthly compiled data in Cash Assistance Verification Tracker with MEAL Manager and Cash Assistance Committee.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and collaborative learning through internal avenues such as community of practice.
- Conduct every 3 month MEAL verification of quality services under the supervision of MEAL Manager.
- Collect feedback regularly from our beneficiaries by visiting clients, collect feedback from community members, training participants, Shelter services and services provided in our centers.
- Maintain the storage of data safely.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
- 1 year of experience in an NGO preferably in M&E and/or working in the field closely with the community, or cash assistance programs.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, mainly communities effectively.
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information (highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential).
- Able to speak and understand English.
- Fluency in written and spoken in Arabic & Kurdish (Badini & Sorani).
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) are essential.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “MEAL Assistant” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.