Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of Position
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience.
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen rights and protections for vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of the MEAL Officer
The MEAL Officer will be part of the MEAL Unit of the Technical Department, providing assistance in All MEAL related activities including data monitoring and data management for all SEED activities. She/He will support the MEAL Unit in setting up MEAL frameworks, systems, and processes including log-frames and indicator tables, and managing MEAL tools used within SEED’s programming. She/He will ensure comprehensive data collection in accordance with SEED’s MEAL systems and policies and assist in ensuring data is incorporated into SEED’s interventions through timely feedback and reporting loops. She/He will support the MEAL Unit and programme team to ensure learning and accountability systems are put in place and working effectively at SEED’s implementation areas based in Duhok.
- Support in maintaining SEED’s MEAL system and updating MEAL plans on quarterly Basis.
- Prepare program MEAL plans, indicators tracking sheets, and MEAL tools in line with the program M&E plan.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent implementation of project monitoring plan and tools and to support the program managers in the review/revision of it when necessary.
- Track and monitor outputs and expected results of ongoing projects and the extent of completion of various activities and present findings to the management.
- Support service providers and coordinators in monthly data collection and recording of service delivery-related information/data.
- Assist MEAL Manger in facilitation of MEAL training and ongoing CommCare coaching sessions for service providers.
- Support in developing and designing applications across our information management system.
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting on data management in our information management systems as required and directed by the MEAL Manager.
- Work closely with MEAL and the program team to ensure discrepancies in data are identified and resolved.
- Support in producing different kind of visualized reports and info-graphs using data visualization softwares
- Enter, clean, and organize both quantitative and qualitative data; compose reports summarizing results.
- Be the focal point for reporting on Activity Info & GBV IMS for Duhok office.
- Participate in the design and implementation of quality assessments and evaluations.
- Work with program staff to promote learning culture, assess “lessons learned”, and ensure that learning is shared across the field office.
- Ensure the accountability system is in place towards beneficiaries, partners and donors.
- Facilitate and/or provide translation and record-keeping during focus group discussions and other meetings with beneficiaries, or others.
- Contribute to reporting and quality assure all reporting on outputs and results, including implementing monitoring systems in complex situations.
- Contribute to SEED’s communications strategy.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
- A university degree in statistics, international development, management, or other relevant degree
- Two years of experience in MEAL with Local or International NGO
- Experience with Information Management Systems and online platforms
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively
- High standard of spoken and written English; Arabic and Kurdish
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this LINK.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.