Job Title: MEAL Officer
Location: Dohuk, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to Erbil and other program sites
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: One year
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives, including survivors of gender based violence (GBV), trafficking, torture, internally displaced Iraqis, refugees, members of religious and ethnic minority groups, and other vulnerable people. SEED provides comprehensive services for survivors including case management, mental health and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of Monitoring and Evaluation (MEAL) Officer
The MEAL Officer will be part of the MEAL branch of the MHPSS Technical Unit, providing assistance in data collection and data management for all SEED activities. She/he will support the MEAL Unit in designing MEAL frameworks, systems, and processes including log-frames and indicator tables, and improving and strengthen MEAL tools used within SEED’s programming. She/he will ensure comprehensive data collection in accordance with SEED’s MEAL systems and policies and assist in ensuring data is incorporated into SEED’s interventions through timely feedback and reporting loops. He/she will support the MEAL Unit and programme team to ensure learning and accountability systems are put in place and working effectively at SEED’s Dohuk Office. The MEAL Officer will report to the Director of the MHPSS Technical Unit.
- Support in maintaining SEED’s MEAL system and updating MEAL plans on quarterly basis.
- Support program teams in collection and recording of service delivery-related information/data.
- Assist MEAL unit in development and facilitation of MEAL trainings and ongoing on-the-job guidance for service providers.
- Monitor project activities to ensure quality interventions and adherence to minimum standards; compile and report on monitoring data.
- Undertake regular post distribution monitoring to ensure project performance, quality, timeliness and accuracy vis-à-vis logical framework approaches (LFAs), results frameworks, performance monitoring plans and emerging best practices.
- Participate in the design and implementation of quality assessments and evaluations (needs assessments, situational analysis, baseline and endline assessments, real time evaluations, etc.).
- Facilitate and/or provide translation and record-keeping during focus group discussions and other meetings with community leaders, beneficiaries, or others.
- Enter, clean, and organize both quantitative and qualitative data; compose reports summarizing results.
- Support Beneficiary Accountability across all programmes in keeping with the Accountability Framework; ensure prompt follow-up on feedback received.
- Work with program staff to promote learning culture, assess “lessons learned”, and ensure that learning is shared across the field office.
- Contribute to SEED’s communications strategy.
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with other members of the MHPSS Technical Unit and program teams to strengthen programming and impact.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by supervisor.
- 2+ years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation in the humanitarian and/or development fields.
- Proven basic skills in all aspects of Project Design/Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, including data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability in community mobilisation and community-level dialogue
- Knowledge in mental health and psychosocial support and/or protection programming, a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, includes Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Fluent in spoken and written English AND Kurdish or Arabic.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED representative at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
Please e-mail the following in one PDF to email@example.com using “MEAL Officer“ and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- Three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.