Job Title: MHPSS Advisor (Case Manager/ Child Protection)
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with regular travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: 12 months
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Expatriate Compensation Package: includes relocation expenses and housing and local transportation allowances
About SEED Foundation: SEED is a locally registered NGO in Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED provides comprehensive services, integrating mental health, case management, legal and protection services, with psychosocial support activities to protect and empower survivors, and improve individual, family, and community well-being. SEED supports women, men, boys, and girls who are survivors of violence and other rights abuses, including survivors of conflict, gender-based violence (GBV), trafficking, torture, human rights violations, including internally displaced, refugees, foreign citizens, and host community. Through our Center for MHPSS, SEED strengthens skills of service providers and government actors through education, training and capacity building to better support vulnerable individuals and communities. SEED promotes policy, institutional, regulatory, practice, and social change to strengthen human rights, protections, and services for vulnerable individuals and groups. SEED combats human trafficking through services for survivors and those at risk including shelter protection; strengthens institutional protections through technical assistance, training, public awareness, and advocacy. SEED’s work reflects international best practices and expertise combined with local experience.
Role of the MHPSS Technical Advisor :
As a key member of SEED’s MHPSS Technical Unit, the MHPSS Technical Advisor will provide technical expertise and leadership of SEED’s case management, protection, and child protection services for vulnerable and conflict-affected Iraqis including survivors of torture, trafficking and gender-based violence (GBV), persons with disabilities, members of minority religious and ethnic communities, internally displaced Iraqis and refugees, including women, men, and boys and girls. The MHPSS Technical Advisor will lead development of effective, evidence-based case management and protection interventions in line with needs, develop guidance and protocols, identify capacity building needs and devise and deliver training accordingly, and provide technical supervision on cases to SEED’s case managers to ensure high standards of service delivery. The MHPSS Technical Advisor will also act as a resource for input to all existing programs and in designing new programs. The MHPSS Technical Advisor will report to the Director of the MHPSS Technical Unit and will work collaboratively with management across SEED. Although the MHPSS Technical Advisor will be based in Erbil, he/she will be expected to travel frequently to other areas of KRI.
Technical Leadership and MHPSS Service Delivery Approach (35%)
- Provide technical leadership on SEED’s case management, protection, and child protection services
- Working closely with Program Directors, Program Managers, other members of the MHPSS Technical Unit and senior management, lead case management design and approach
- Lead development of protection and policy approaches, SOPs, tools, protocols, processes, policies and clear guidance and standards consistent with international best practice
- Ensure that all case management forms, guidance, and tracking systems are in place and implemented
- Identify, share, and adapt resources and materials
- Ensure referral pathways are in place
- Work closely with the MEAL team to administer case management database
- Provide input on safe and ethical data collection and storage
Oversight and Technical Supervision of Case Managers and Cases (35%)
- Coordinate closely with Program Managers and Service Delivery Coordinators to ensure that all clients receive needed care
- Provide technical supervision, including field-based, to SEED Case Managers in all service delivery locations
- Provide technical support to Case Managers and Service Delivery Coordinators in applying SEED policies and procedures.
- Set up case conferences as needed for difficult cases
- Audit and review all case documentation
- Review closure of cases
- Ensure appropriate case loads
- Evaluate staff competencies and identify capacity building needs
- Develop and deliver, or organize, training
- Contribute to staff development plans and performance appraisals
- Support staff care and wellbeing
Monitoring and Evaluation, Documentation, and Reporting (20%)
- Support program MEAL, including development of tools, to ensure that MEAL systems provide adequate feedback on PSS interventions
- Make recommendations for program development and course correction
- Contribute to quality reporting
- Ensure all staff comply with relevant donor reporting requirements including GBVIMS, Activity Info, and CommCare
Coordination and Organizational Representation (10%)
- Represent SEED in cluster and working group meetings, with KRG and with donors
- Develop strategic partnerships and work closely with partners
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide content and input on communications materials including website, promotional materials, and social media, and ensure it complies with SEED’s storytelling policy.
- Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, clinical social work, law, or similar field.
- Three or more years experience delivery case management services.
- Three or more years overseeing MHPSS, protection, GBV, and PSS programming in international development or humanitarian settings; Iraq experience preferred.
- Experience in providing supervision and training to case workers and community mobilizers and other service providers.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Strong ability to work independently
- High standard of spoken and written English, with Arabic and/or Kurdish.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Salary, benefits and allowances dependent on skills and qualifications.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “MHPSS Technical Advisor (Case Manager/ Child Protection)” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.