Procurement and Logistics Manager
Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to project sites across the KRI
Type of Position
Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. National Compensation Package for national candidates.
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen rights and protections for vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of the Procurement and Logistics Manager
The Procurement and Logistics Manager will oversee the Procurement & Logistics across all SEED Locations in the KRI. S/He will ensure the smooth functioning of all day-to-day operations of the Procurement and Logistics Unit and ensure adherence to SEED’s policies and procedures. S/He will oversee the timely arrangement of logistics, procurement, and security and directly manage the Procurement and Logistics team across the organization.
The Procurement and Logistics Manager will report to the Director of Operations, where they will ensure the effective, efficient, and compliant provision of procurement, facility management, warehousing, asset management, transportation, safety and security support, to achieve program goals while ensuring that all the necessary systems, policies, and procedures are rolled out, understood, and implemented by the relevant staff in all SEED offices and centers.
Leadership & staff management
- S/he will Lead and manage the Procurement and Logistics team across all locations in the KRI, and provide technical support to the field offices to deliver timely, effective, and compliant procurement logistics, and safety and security functions aligned with SEED program and activities requirements
- Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion, and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff in consultation with the HR Manager.
- Hold staff training with regards to Procurement & logistic Policies, guidelines and procedures
- Hold staff orientation and training on ERP system (Odoo), Procurement and logistics, and Safety and Security components.
- Create and oversee an annual organization wide procurement plan, project based plans as required.
- Oversee the bidding processes, including RFQ/RFP development, evaluation, negotiations, and PO/service agreement/lease finalization.
- Lead procurement of master agreements for large value goods/services and negotiation with suppliers/vendors and developing contracts according to international standards.
- Procurement management includes pre-qualification of vendors, RFP processing, and participation in relevant procurement committee meetings.
- Preparation of Procurement Plans in close coordination with Program Managers/Directors.
- Ensure periodic market surveys take place with the committee to get updates on pricing and availability of different items. Updating price and suppliers’ list on a regular basis and sharing with program colleagues.
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of vendors’ files (including contact information, address, available products/services, and pricing).
- Update the Procurement and logistics-related policies and forms and adopt best recruitment practices in line with SEED and donor policies and requirements.
- Review lessons learned and use the feedback to improve policies and procedures
- Continuously monitor requisitions to ensure that proper procedures are followed and policies are enforced
- Responsible for Due Diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, anti-terrorism compliance) for Authorized Vendors and Contractors
- Ensure satisfactory audit ratings related to Procurement. If required corrective action plans are developed & implemented to address any audit findings.
- Handle specialized procurements providing guidance to Procurement staff.
- Advice and support improved procurement planning for regularly procured goods and services by initiating processes for contracted and authorized suppliers.
Transportation and Fleet Management
- Oversee and ensure efficient fleet management, driver schedules, vehicle usage reports, vehicle maintenance, and driver service agreements in collaboration with the Procurement and Logistics Coordinator
- Ensure that the preparations of the monthly Vehicle Usage reports (log sheet) and acts upon any inefficiencies or anomalies identified in vehicle or fuel usage.
Asset and Inventory Management
- Responsible for proper tracking of all SEED’s assets across all SEED locations, and for review of asset and office inventory lists on a monthly basis to ensure availability of up-to-date and accurate information.
- Oversee and carry out documented quarterly physical checks of assets.
- Review assets on an annual basis and dispose of unserviceable or obsolete assets per SEED and donor requirements.
- Finalize donor reports for assets and inventory.
- Lead on identifying and setting up additional centers, offices, or storage required by programs and operations departments; facilitate allocation of office, center, and space based on requirements.
- Ensure availability of workspace for new staff based on best safety and security standards
- Oversee facilities maintenance for SEED offices and Centers.
Safety & Security
- Update SEED’s Safety and Security Plan, policies and procedure; ensure all staff have access to policy and procedures and the staff are properly trained
- Ensure that security plans and SOPs are in place and known by staff, including for SEED’s mobile services team.
- Deliver effective oversight of safety and security management systems and processes.
- Conduct security assessments for all locations as needed.
Finance and Budgeting
- Actively participate in grants opening and closing meetings and grants review meetings to provide effective support to programs, ensuring all required documents are prepared in advance and key issues are constructively addressed.
- supporting finance in budgeting and working closely with finance in terms of having the proper documentation that shall be provided for the procurement processes.
- The manager must also manage and facilitate the procurement processes in addition to the evaluation committees.
- Work with the Program Manager and Service delivery teams to develop and update procurement plans to ensure realistic lead times and delivery to meet program work-plan timelines.
- Perform operational needs assessments and participate in proposal development processes in cooperation with the Director of Operation to provide accurate input and cost estimates for budgets, budget realignments, and SEED’s operating budget in regards to operating costs (supplies, equipment, running costs, facilities, maintenance, and support services); as well and recommending Procurement and Logistics staffing levels.
- Participate and advise on logistical feasibility (including budget aspect) of program proposals.
- Supports Field Head of Office /Operations staff in oversight of Procurement and Logistics functions in field offices through structured and regular visits, the inclusion of Procurement and Logistics staff in capacity building activities, review of monthly
- Ensure all Operational services are cost effective, efficient, and transparent.
- Work with the Director of Operations to provide analysis of spending (unit costs, burn rates, delays).
- All SEED staff are required to adhere to SEED’s Accountability framework policy Internal policies and KRI’s legislations.
- Ensure donor requirements and regulations are implemented.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related fields are strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing Procurement, operation, preferably within an NGO setting.
- Familiarity with donor (US government, European, UN) policies and regulations.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate and manage a diverse array of responsibilities.
- Ability to function effectively in a complex work environment, set appropriate priorities, and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Flexibility and proven team player with the ability to cultivate and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and other organizations.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring / capacity building of staff and commitment to staff training and development.
- Strong leadership qualities and willingness to exercise initiative. Ability to set examples of leadership for staff in adherence to SEED’s management policies.
- Computer skills: MS Office, Internet; Google Drive
- Fluency in English and Kurdish or Arabic.
- Ability to travel between different locations as required
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this LINK.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.