Procurement and Logistics Manager
Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to project sites across Kurdistan
Type of Position
Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
National Compensation Package for national candidates.
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of Procurement and Logistics Manager
The Procurement and Logistics Manager is a full-time position based in Erbil-HQ with travel to other sites within KRI. The Procurement and Logistics Manager will report to the Director of Operations, the role ensures the effective, efficient and compliant provision of procurement, facility management, warehousing, asset management and transportation, information technology, safety and security support and services to achieve program goals while ensuring that all the necessary systems, policies, and procedures are rolled out, understood, and implemented by the relevant staff in all SEED’s offices and centers.
- Lead and manage the Procurement and Logistics team in HQ and provide technical support to the field offices to deliver timely, effective, and compliant procurement, transport, warehousing, and facilities support and services aligned with SEED program and activities requirements;
- Oversee the bidding processes, including RFQ/RFP development, evaluation, negotiations, and PO/service agreement/lease finalization.
- Lead procurement of master agreements for large value goods/services.
- Procurement management including pre-qualification of vendors, ATC processing, participation in relevant procurement committee meetings.
- Preparation of Procurement Plans in coordination with programs.
- Ensure periodic market surveys take place with the committee to get updates on pricing and availability of different items. Updating price and suppliers’ list on a regular basis and share with program colleagues.
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of vendors’ files (including contact information, address, available products/services, pricing).
- Develop Procurement and logistics related policies and forms and adopt best recruitment practices in line with SEED and donor policies and requirements.
Transportation and Fleet Management
- Oversee and ensure efficient fleet management, driver schedules, vehicle usage reports, vehicle maintenance, and driver service agreements in collaboration with the Sr. Procurement and Logistics officer.
- Ensure that the Sr. Procurement and Logistics Officer prepares monthly Vehicle Usage reports and acts upon any inefficiencies or anomalies identified in vehicle or fuel usage.
Asset and Inventory Management
- Responsible for proper tracking of all SEED’s assets throughout the Offices and center locations and review of asset and office inventory lists on a monthly basis to ensure availability of up-to-date and accurate information.
- Oversee and carry out documented quarterly physical checks of assets.
- Review assets on an annual basis and dispose of unserviceable or obsolete assets per SEED and donor requirements.
- Carry out documented spot-checks of SEED’s warehouse(s).
- Work with Field Coordinators/Operations Managers and warehouse staff to timely dispose of inventory on closed grants.
- Finalize donor reports for assets and inventory.
- Lead on identifying and setting up additional centers, offices, or storage required by programs and operations departments; facilitate allocation of office, center, and space based on requirements.
- Ensure availability of work space for new staff based on latest safety and security standards
- Accountable for proper tracking of leased facilities and review of lease tracking sheet on a monthly basis to ensure availability of up-to-date and accurate information; regularly share lease tracking sheet with other relevant departments.
- Oversee facilities maintenance for SEED offices and Centers.
- Supervise daily operations of network and service infrastructure.
- Align IT infrastructure with current and future requirements and goals in line with new programs.
- Manage IT budgets and forecasts
- Assess and purchase new and replacement hardware in close coordination with the Director of Operations.
- Manage the IT Officers.
- Actively participate in grants opening and closing meetings and grants review meetings to provide effective support to programs, ensuring all required documents are prepared in advance and key issues are constructively addressed.
- Work with the Program Manager and Service delivery teams to develop and update procurement plans to ensure realistic lead times and delivery to meet program work-plan timelines.
- Perform operational needs assessments and participate in proposal development processes in cooperation with the Director of Operation to provide accurate input and cost estimates for budgets, budget realignments, and SEED’s operating budget in regards to operating costs (supplies, equipment, running costs, facilities, maintenance, and support services); as well and recommending Procurement and Logistics staffing levels.
- Participate and advise on logistical feasibility (including budget aspect) of program proposals.
- Directly manage Erbil-based Procurement and Logistics staff ensuring planning and delivery of staff capacity building activities, compliance with SEED’s staff policy, including performance management and management of vacation planning and absences.
- Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion, and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff in consultation with the HR Manager.
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled; support the recruitment of all Procurement and Logistics staff and provide day to day supervision of the department
- Set performance objectives and regular performance evaluations for all direct-report staff.
- Share technical performance objectives and offer performance input for field-based Procurement and Logistics staff in collaboration with the Head of Office /Operations Manager.
- Supports Field Head of Office /Operations Managers in oversight of Procurement and Logistics functions in field offices through structured and regular visits, the inclusion of Procurement and Logistics staff in capacity building activities, review of monthly reports, and maintenance of regular communications.
- Implement job and site specific training to ensure that Procurement and Logistics staff possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities
- Develop/maintain the orientation material for the Procurement and Logistics Unit.
- Provide and delegate orientation to all new staff ensuring full understanding of roles, responsibilities, and compliance issues.
- Organize Procurement and Logistics presentations for both program and operations staff on a regular basis.
- Hold staff training with regards to Procurement & logistic Policies, guidelines and procedures
- Hold staff orientation and training on ERP system (Odoo) and Procurement and logistic components.
- Implementation of SEED’s policies i.e. mobile, vehicle, housing, procurement, assets, etc. Provide revisions as required.
- Ensure all Operational services are cost effective, efficient, and transparent.
- Work with the Director of Operations to provide analysis of spending (unit costs, burn rates, delays).
- Assess and provide recommendations on how to improve the quality and timeliness of Procurement and Logistics services.
- Review and spot check files related to the unit services (vehicle, procurement, assets) to ensure they are complete and audit-ready.
- Conduct customer surveys and put in place feedback mechanisms for internal (SEED staff) and external clients (vendors/contractors).
- Ensure proper file management and file retention of Procurement documents.
- All SEED staff are required to adhere to SEED’s Code of Conduct and Internal policies.
- Ensure donor requirements and regulations are implemented
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related fields are strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing Procurement, operation, preferably within an NGO setting.
- Familiarity with donor (US government, European, UN) policies and regulations.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate and manage a diverse array of responsibilities.
- Ability to function effectively in a complex work environment, set appropriate priorities, and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Flexibility and proven team player with the ability to cultivate and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and other organizations.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring / capacity building of staff and commitment to staff training and development.
- Strong leadership qualities and willingness to exercise initiative. Ability to set examples of leadership for staff in adherence to SEED’s management policies.
- Computer skills: MS Office, Internet; Google Drive
- Fluency in English and Kurdish or Arabic.
- Ability to travel between different locations as required
How to Apply