Job Title: Procurement and Logistics officer
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to other areas of KRI
Type of position: Employment contract, full time, multiple positions
Length of Contract: One year
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives, including survivors of gender based violence (GBV), trafficking, torture, internally displaced Iraqis, refugees, members of religious and ethnic minority groups, and other vulnerable people. SEED provides comprehensive services for survivors including case management, mental health and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of the Logistics and Procurement Officer
We are seeking to hire a Logistic and Procurement Officer to start in Erbil, to be based in Erbil, with frequent travel to to other areas of KRI.
The Logistics and Procurement Officer will be responsible for Logistic and Procurement processes with emphasis on the following activities:
- Stock Management and Custom Clearance
- Facilities Maintenance and Contracts
- Fleet Management
- Equipment Maintenance and Management
- Service Contracts Management
- Ensure that SEED Foundation’s procedures are carried out for all procurement and that correct supporting documentation and approval is received
- Purchase goods ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market
- Collect quotations and check prices for purchase of goods and services
- Ensure that the suppliers fill in all receipts/invoices for purchases correctly
- Translate receipts/invoices written from Kurdish or Arabic into English
- Ensure the delivery of all purchased items to the requester
- Ensure that Procurement filing systems are maintained and up-to-date as per SEED Foundation’s procedures
- Ensure that contracts are up to date and filled accordingly
Stock Management and Custom Clearance:
- Check, record, and distribute goods received
- Regularly check inventory levels (physical counts)
- When an order is received: Check the number of packages, check packaging and content and inform supervisor of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- Ensure that all items are well organized and correctly stored, protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Managing the Customs clearance by Road and by Air of any stocks received by SEED Foundation
Facilities Management and Maintenance:
- Responsible for the maintenance of equipment and premises
- Carry out repairs when necessary or liaise with repairers as per SEED Foundation procedures
- Responsible for the maintenance and running of fleet, ensuring that the drivers carry out daily/weekly maintenance requirements
- Organise movements of cars as per programme needs
- Ensure equipment management systems/reports are up-to-date and maintained as per SEED Foundation Procedures.
- Carry out an annual Asset check.
- Maintain an asset registry
IT and Communications:
- Ensure that all procurement of computers, software, printers is efficient, cost-effective, and meets the requirements.
- Maintenance of computers (hardware and software), and other communications and technical equipment of the organization.
- Distribute communications equipment and manage phone credit system.
- At least 2 years experience in logistics management preferably within an NGO.
- Excellent written and spoken Kurdish, Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
Please create one PDF document containing the following items and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Procurement and logistics officer ” and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail:
Three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.