Program Development and Reporting Manager
Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of Position
Full time – Employment Contract
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Expatriate Compensation Package: includes relocation expenses and housing and local transportation allowances
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Program Development and Reporting Manager
The Program Development and Reporting Manager is responsible for developing proposals, concept notes and other applications for funding, and for producing high-quality reports which convey impact using a variety of methods including pictures, data, film, etc to demonstrate results in a compelling way. The Program Development and Reporting Manager will track and monitor SEED priorities and propose and develop programs in line with these priorities. The Program Development and Reporting Manager reports to the Director of Programs and collaborates with the Grants Manager and Program Managers.
Program Development (70%)
- Proactively identify new funding opportunities by monitoring and analyzing donor strategies, funding trends and calls for proposals.
- Contribute to the decision-making process for potential opportunities, by analyzing and presenting key factors for consideration.
- Lead the development of concept notes and proposals, and act as the lead drafter, and edit all inputs for a cohesive final product.
- Lead the coordination process of developing concept notes and proposals, including outlining and communicating clear roles and responsibilities and timelines for each department’s input, coordinate inputs from other drafters and reviewers, and facilitate effective cross-departmental coordination for the development of concept notes and proposals.
- Ensure all proposals and concept notes adhere to donor guidance, are of high quality, and are submitted on time.
- Support SEED’s fundraising efforts by contributing to the development of a range of different fundraising materials and donor communications, including Thank you letters.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Programs.
- Support the Director for Programs and the Grants Manager in the development of new program design.
- Provide support to different teams in drafting donor reports and other internal reports, from the planning stage through to submission.
- Draft donor communications and reports for major/private donors.
- Review and edit reports and provide inputs/comments to increase the quality of reporting and ensure alignment with SEED writing standards and donor requirements.
- Coordinate or contribute to the preparation of SEED’s annual report, draft parts of the report, review and improve content of the report.
- University Degree or Equivalent in International affairs or related subjects.
- Minimum of three years of experience in projects, grants management, and proposal. Business development design
- Experience leading the development of large multi-sector funding proposals.
- Advanced skills in donor reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work across functions to achieve common objectives.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and meet demanding deadlines.
- Exceptional English writing and editing skills required. Able to draft and edit detailed documents for donor submission with minimal oversight.
- Preferred: Experience in the GBV/Protection/Child Protection/MHPSS sectors.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link: https://seedkurdistan.odoo.com/jobs/detail/program-development-and-reporting-manager-271
Please NOTE, in case the applicant faces any problem on submitting online, kindly send One PDF with cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Program Development and Reporting Manager” as the subject of your email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.