Job Title: Program Directors (multiple positions available in Protection, MHPSS, GBV and Child Protection)
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of position: Employment contract/ Expat contract
Length of Contract: One year
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Expatriate Compensation Package: includes relocation expenses and housing and local transportation allowances
About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking in persons (TIP) including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Program Director: SEED is seeking Program Directors to manage international grant programs to protect, empower and support the recovery of vulnerable and conflict-
affected people in Iraq through the provision of high quality, comprehensive protection, MHPSS, GBV, and child protection services, and improve protections through public awareness-raising, advocacy and technical assistance, and capacity-building efforts for government and NGOs. The Program Director will be responsible for the successful
attainment of goals, objectives and targets, ensuring the highest standards of quality. The Program Director will plan, implement and evaluate the program; oversee all staff and
activities; manage the budget; and carry out reporting and donor liaison. The Program Director will report to the President of the organization and work collaboratively with other
Program Directors, Program Managers, and SEED’s Technical Unit.
Program Direction and Leadership (65%)
● Lead programmatic, technical and administrative management of the program including planning, implementation, quality assurance, monitoring and documentation of results.
● Provide strategic direction and technical advice on program development and implementation with a focus on the protection and empowerment of vulnerable groups.
● Oversee program planning and implementation to ensure program goals, objectives and targets are met, undertaking course corrections as appropriate.
● Develop work plans, oversee implementation and track progress.
● Supervise, train and build capacity of program staff.
● Identify capacity building needs and devise development plans for all staff members.
● Conduct appraisals and provide regular, constructive feedback to staff members.
● Ensure that program procurement is in line with SEED’s policies and donor regulations.
● Oversee program budget to ensure efficient use of resources.
● Conduct regular budget monitoring to ensure program spending is on track.
● Working closely with other management personnel and SEED’s Technical Unit, ensure implementation of effective strategies to provide high quality, comprehensive services.
● Working closely with other management personnel and the Technical Unit, ensure implementation of effective strategies to improve protections and reduce violence through awareness-raising, advocacy and increased local government capacity.
● Develop practices and policies and ensure that these are adhered to.
● Ensure the ethical management of data, ensuring that data collection informs improved service delivery.
Reporting, MEAL, and Communications (20%)
● Working closely with the M&E Manager, devise program M&E plan.
● Ensure that M&E systems provide adequate feedback to inform program development and course corrections as necessary.
● Ensure that all reporting requirements are met on time, and that reports are of a high quality.
Coordination and Organizational Representation (15%)
● Represent SEED with donor, Kurdistan Regional Government, UN, and other NGOs.
● Develop strategic partnerships and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, camp managers, community leaders, and other relevant actors.
● Work closely with program partners.
● Degree in social work, psychology, law, international development or other related field desired; master’s degree, a plus.
● At least five years of NGO senior program management experience in international settings including project design, implementation, budget management, staff management, and M&E.
● At least three years of experience implementing protection/MHPSS/GBV/ child protection programming.
● Experience implementing large donor-funded international development and/or humanitarian assistance programs.
● Experience in Iraq and/or Kurdistan Region a plus.
● Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
● Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
● Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
● High standard of spoken and written English, with Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus.
● Good computer skills.
● Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
● Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “ Program Director” as the subject of your e-mail.
● Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
● Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.