Job Title: Program Manager, Education and Training Program
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with regular travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of position: Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract: 12 months
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Expatriate Compensation Package includes relocation expenses and housing and local transportation allowances
About SEED Foundation: SEED is a locally registered NGO in Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED provides comprehensive services, integrating mental health, case management, legal and protection services, with psychosocial support activities to protect and empower survivors, and improve individual, family, and community well-being. SEED supports women, men, boys, and girls who are survivors of violence and other rights abuses, including survivors of conflict, gender-based violence (GBV), trafficking, torture, human rights violations, including internally displaced, refugees, foreign citizens, and host community. Through our Center for MHPSS, SEED strengthens skills of service providers and government actors through education, training and capacity building to better support vulnerable individuals and communities. SEED promotes policy, institutional, regulatory, practice, and social change to strengthen human rights, protections, and services for vulnerable individuals and groups. SEED combats human trafficking through services for survivors and those at risk including shelter protection; strengthen institutional protections through technical assistance, training, public awareness, and advocacy. SEED’s work reflects international best practices and expertise combined with local experience.
Role of the Job title:
The Program Manager will lead education, training and capacity building programs in SEED’s Center for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Services designed to improve the knowledge, skills, capacities, beliefs, and attitudes of service providers of MHPSS and protection services in the Kurdistan Region. This includes the existing Psychosocial Support Services (PSS) Training Program, tailoring it for different needs, as well as develop new programming. The Program Manager will oversee the development or tailoring, of training materials for service providers and government workers delivering mental health, social, legal, protection, and other services to vulnerable populations; managing the development of training programs, manage the relationship with institutions requesting training; recruiting and overseeing staff; overseeing the delivery of training; evaluating the impact of the training; managing the financial resources and operational requirements to run the program; and designing and implementing supervision and capacity building support to all trainees.
Training Program Development (60%)
- Oversee all aspects of the Training Program including recruitment, registration, and implementation to ensure a high-quality training experience for all participants.
- Conduct assessments of training needs
- Develop and design new training and education programming
- Review, develop and update the training curricula, training materials, manuals
- Work with management to update the program curriculum to ensure relevancy and best meet the needs of participants.
- Oversee the delivery of training
- Assist in the design of monitoring and evaluation measures for the training program and lead implementation of data collection and analysis, with support from SEED’s MEAL staff, to ensure an effective training program.
Staff Management & Administrative Functions (40%)
- Manage budget and provide financial oversight to the program
- Recruit and manage training staff, including the development of unit and staff work plans and conduct staff appraisals.
- Ensure program objectives are met in a timely manner and report on progress towards all objectives, as assigned by supervisor
- Identify challenges and make recommendations for course correction
- Contribute to all programs and grant reporting, ensuring high-quality reports.
- Contribute to all MEAL efforts to promote program quality.
- Contribute to communications efforts
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, international development, management, or other relevant degree
- At least five years of NGO program management experience in international settings including project design, implementation, budget management, staff management, and MEAL.
- Compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent leader
- Experience designing and creating training and capacity building programs
- Experience managing staff; experience providing supervision and oversight to MHPSS service providers a plus
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and persuasion skills
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively
- High standard of spoken and written English; Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Willingness to live in Kurdistan Region, Iraq
- Strong people and project management skills; Strong leadership skills.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Program Manager, Education, and Training Program” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.