Protection Senior Trainer
Based in Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to other areas of the KRI, including overnight stays. (30%)
Type of Position
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local compensation package.
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Protection Senior Trainer
The Protection Trainer will strengthen the capacity of local government personnel to prevent and respond to child protection violations, GBV, and other forms of violence, and increase protection for at-risk groups. The Protection Senior Trainer will deliver training, provide hands-on capacity building support, and offer on-the-job coaching to participants in SEED’s training program. SEED’s training program will include classroom/online training and mentorship to support participants in applying the knowledge and skills learned when they return to their workplaces. The Protection Senior Trainer will assess gaps and learning needs, and provide recommendations to address those deficits. This role will involve close collaboration and relationship-building with local government personnel, in addition to collaboration internally with SEED’s CP Technical Advisor and Education and Training Manager.
Training and Hands-On Capacity Building (80%)
- Working collaboratively with other team members, supporting the design and development of training curricula and materials, adapting SEED’s current curriculum as needed.
- Deliver training using interactive and student-centered approaches (both in-person and online).
- Provide hands-on capacity building and on-the-job coaching to support participants in their workplaces as they apply new knowledge and strengthen skills.
- Provide support one-on-one and in groups.
- Conduct pre and post assessments of participant skills and needs.
- Provide recommendations to address any capacity gaps, including revisions of training curricula and materials.
- Identify challenges or concerns and work collaboratively with SEED’s management and government agencies to overcome them.
- Build collaborative working relationships with government agencies.
Monitoring and Evaluation (15%)
- Ensure all activities are properly monitored, documented, evaluated, and reported.
- Support program M&E, including development of tools, to ensure that M&E systems provide adequate feedback.
- Generate feedback from participants and their agencies.
- Document lessons learned.
- Contribute to quality reporting.
Coordination and Organizational Representation (5%)
- Maintain strong, effective working relationships with key stakeholders, particularly agencies receiving capacity building.
- Provide content and input on communications materials including website, promotional materials, and social media, and ensure it complies with SEED’s storytelling policy.
- Degree in law, social work, psychology, international development or other relevant field.
- At least five years of experience in CP, GBV or protection programming in non-governmental organizations.
- At least three years of experience in capacity building and training facilitation. Experience in governmental capacity building is preferred.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively.
- High standards of spoken and written English and Kurdish (Badini) are required. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
How to Apply
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 supervisor references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Protection Senior Trainer” as the subject of your email.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.