Job Title: PSS Coordinator
Location:Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of position: Employment contract
Length of Contract: one year
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local compensation package.
About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of PSS Coordinator
The PSS Coordinator will play a critical role in the implementation of PSS activities in various locations throughout the Duhok governorate. The PSS Coordinator will coordinate the PSS initiatives and work primarily with the PSS Facilitators, Community Coordinators and Mobilizers that conduct PSS activities. The PSS Coordinator will contribute to the development of PSS interventions, associated materials, and providing training and supervision to staff in the implementation of PSS activities. This position reports directly to the Director of Programs in Duhok and works closely with the Psychosocial (PSS) Technical Advisor.
Ensure Delivery of Quality PSS Activities – 70%
- Provide coordination, technical oversight, and capacity building to PSS Facilitators, Community Coordinators, and Community Mobilizers providing PSS activities.
- Supervise and manage the PSS Facilitators and ensure that they are provided with capacity building training.
- Oversee the implementation of PSS activities and ensure activities are in line with SEED’s PSS Framework, including awareness-raising/education sessions and support groups focused on topics such as mental health, GBV prevention, parenting, child protection, life-skills, etc.
- Provide observations, input, and feedback to the PSS Technical Advisor to ensure high quality PSS activities that are culturally appropriate and relevant to the lives of the community members.
- Mobilize clients and community members into groups for PSS activities, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Contribute to the development of PSS intervention curriculum, community engagement plans, and associated materials.
- Work as part of a team alongside case managers and psychologists serving communities in camp and non-camp settings, primarily in Duhok governorate.
- Ensure outreach activities are conducted by the Community Coordinators and Mobilizers and identify areas of PSS needs based on their inputs.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of clients at all times.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
Organizational Representation and Community Outreach – 20%
- Develop plans for outreach to community members and identification of families and individuals in need of psychosocial support services that fit within SEED’s target population.
- Coordinate with community leaders and camp management to ensure access to target communities.
- Ensure weekly PSS schedule and planning is submitted by community coordinators.
- Ensure PRS for activities are submitted by PSS Facilitators and Center Coordinators in advance.
M&E – 10%
- Collect and share monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data associated with PSS activities on a monthly basis.
- Review, compile and report on M&E data collected by PSS Facilitators, Community Coordinators and Mobilizers including double checking PSS data and ensuring registration and attendances are accurate.
- Follow up with Community Coordinators and Mobilizers on PSS data on a weekly basis for the sessions being held in the center to ensure all data are completed by the end of each month.
- Track PSS targets and objectives that are to be met under the various programs.
- Maintain an organized database (soft & hard copies) of Attendance sheets in the center.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a community coordinator, mobilizer, protection trainer, social worker, or case manager, preferably with IDPs or refugees, in an NGO.
- 3 years experience delivering or overseeing psychosocial support activities, community outreach and mobilization, case management, and referral pathways.
- Experience working with survivors of SGBV and other populations experiencing a lack of social protection and social inequalities.
- University degree in social work, psychology, or related field, a plus.
- Counseling experience and/or experience providing psychological first aid a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- High standard of spoken and written Kurdish, Arabic, and English.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “PSS Coordinator” as the subject of your email.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.