Request for Proposal for MEAL Expert Consultancy
About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking in persons (TIP) including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Request for Proposal for MEAL Expert Consultancy: SEED Foundation seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) expert to support in the development of a MEAL Policy. The MEAL Policy aims at supporting SEED’s goal of delivering high quality services while at the same time improving programming and compliance with international standards and donor requirements. The MEAL Policy should clearly outline the role of the MEAL Unit in monitoring the attainment of SEED ́s objectives, program outputs and high quality service delivery, clarifying the critical role played by the MEAL Unit in each stage of the program cycle. The process of policy development should include the identification of gaps and areas for improvement from the existing system and reporting tools, the development of training materials about the policy, the facilitation of such training for SEED ́s staff and the development of checklists and other tools to facilitate the implementation and integrate the MEAL the policy with SEED ́s existing systems.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The consultancy will be managed by SEED Foundation Technical Unit in Erbil, KRI. The consultant’s presence is required to work very closely with the MEAL Unit
- The consultant will be required to utilize his/her own technology equipment and maintain workable Skype, ZOOM and email accounts for communication
- All materials produced by the consultant during the period of this consultancy will belong to SEED
- The consultant must sign SEED’s Code of Conduct, and abide by all provisions of these policies for the duration of the consultancy period
- The consultant might be required to travel to Dohuk and areas of program implementation.
- Travel expenses (tickets, living allowance and local transport) shall be covered by SEED according to SEED ́s travel policy
Distribution of RFP: June 24, 2020
Proposal submission: July 8, 2020 July 16, 2020
Final selection: July 20, 2020 July 26, 2020
Implementation: August 1, 2020 August 5, 2020
DURATION OF THE WORK
In accordance with the requirements above, the consultant is expected to commit to the assignment in August 2020, including remote work and time in the Kurdistan Region, as requested by SEED (if airports are open). The consultant must complete the work within the agreed timeframe.
The expert should have a Master’s Degree in development studies, social sciences, international relations or other fields related to the scope of the assignment; At least Five years of relevant experience related to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning; Excellent English, report writing, presentation and communication skills; Arabic and/or Kurdish language skills would be an asset; Experience in the MENA region is highly preferred.
Your proposal will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Quality of technical proposal that summarizes understanding, methodology and tools to be used and work-plan with a clear timeline
- Financial proposal in USD including the requested Daily Rate fees
- Relevance and length of professional experience
- Relevance of educational background
- Excellent English, Arabic and/or Kurdish language skills would be an asset
- Report writing, presentation and communication skills
- Experience in the MENA region is highly preferred.
Proposals should be submitted by e-mail to SEED Procurement and Logistics Department through the email email@example.com by the date stated above. This RFP in no way obligates SEED Foundation to award a contract, nor does it commit SEED Foundation to pay any costs incurred in the preparation and submission of proposal.