Request for Proposal (RFP) for IT Support for Remote Training
SEED Foundation, a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, invites experienced IT and communications companies to submit a proposal for hosting and supporting on-line training for 50-60 participants in the Suleimaniya Governorate and Garmian Region.
The key requirements for the implementation of the project are:
- Provision of all equipment for conducting the training: purchase, provide, and set up all needed IT equipment (Laptop, headsets with microphones, internet devices and package plans); identify and propose electronic devices most suitable for conducting the training; purchase and prepare the electronic devices with the software and hardware needed for the trainings (downloading required apps, testing them, etc.); disseminate the equipment to participants who are located throughout Sulaimaniya and Garmian.*
- Host on-line system for all training sessions: set up a system for on-line training selecting appropriate and reliable conferencing applications (Zoom is preferred); host all training sessions, resolving any technical issues that may arise during the training, act as IT focal point during the training delivery, and provide all relevant IT technical support as needed.
- Train Users: distribute equipment and train staff, trainers, and participants on the use of the equipment and the conferencing application for use during all training sessions.
*Equipment purchases may be required to be done in two phases – 25 for purchase in August and 25 in September, based on the availability of funds.
Proposal Submission Process and Timeline: PROPOSALS DUE AUGUST 26th, 2020
- Any technical questions must be submitted by email to email@example.com before August 26th
- Application and proposal must be submitted by 2 p.m. (Erbil time) on Wednesday, August 26th, 2020 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full proposal must include:
- A brief project plan including a timeline for delivery of equipment, which should not be more than one week
- Price schedule as per specifications requested in the attached table (Annex A), where price per unit and total price must be provided, as well as a proposed payment plan.
- Terms and length of equipment warranty terms
- Contingency plan if any unexpected situation arises such as lockdown and closure of roads between cities to deliver the equipment and conduct the training
- Supplier should indicate the number of supporting staff that will be dedicated for this project and their roles
DURATION OF THE WORK
The duration of the project will be for six (6) months, with the possibility of extension, to include hosting approximately 6-9 weeks of online training. The supplier must complete work within the agreed time-frame. If the company fails to conduct the assignment as per the agreed work plan, SEED has the right to terminate the contract with immediate effect.
- The company must have experience in working with NGOs in the KRI
- Ability to complete project remotely due to COVID 19 restrictions
- Must be fluent in the Kurdish language and have a working knowledge of English
- SEED will own all equipment purchased by the company under this contract.
- Equipment must be purchased and ready for distribution within 10 business days of the contract.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This RFP in no way obligates SEED Foundation to award a contract, nor does it commit SEED Foundation to pay any costs incurred in the preparation and submission of the proposal.
- The IT/ communications firm shall not assign this contract or subcontract any portion thereof to another company without SEED Foundation’s prior written consent.
- The IT firm must sign SEED Foundation’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy, and abide by all provisions of those policies for the duration of the technical support period, as a condition of the service contract.
- All equipment of this project will be property of SEED, and will be handed to SEED at the end of the project.