Request for Proposal (RFP) – Photography Framework Agreement (3)
April 5, 2023
SEED Foundation is seeking photographer/s to conduct regular photo gathering missions and attend and photograph SEED events. The purpose of the photography is to highlight SEED’s critical work across Erbil, Duhok, and Sulaimani Governorates in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI) and demonstrate its impact for its clients. Photographs will be used for social media, the SEED website, and in printed materials and publications. As an estimate, we will require one week per month for one year. The agreement will be for one year, but the work will be based on needs, and the request and payment will be as per (Daily Rate).
Scope of Work
- Conduct photo gathering missions to various field sites across the KRI;
- Attend and photograph events including but not limited to training, graduations, panel discussions, theater productions etc.;
- Explain and collect informed consent from individuals featured in photos;
- Edit and share selected shots for use in social media and the website (according to required specifications);
- Label and share all files for archiving purposes.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
- CV of photographer;
- Details and examples of comparable experience;
- A good command of English and Kurdish is required; knowledge of Arabic is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an ability to conduct face or remote learning events;
- Provide at least 3 references;
- Ability to travel to and stay in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, preferred to be local.
- Experience in NGOs and working in humanitarian settings is a must;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in Iraq and/or the Middle East strongly preferred.
Good command in English and Kurdish is required; knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The contractor will be managed by SEED’s Communications Manager.
- Thecontractor will be required to utilize his/her own technology equipment and maintain workable Zoom and email accounts for communication.
- All materials produced by the consultant during the period of this consultancy will belong to SEED.
- The contractor must sign SEED’s Code of Conduct, and abide by all provisions of these policies for the duration of the contract period.
- SEED will contact the designer when there is a need; the designer should respond in writing with estimated time and materials required for a project.
- Each materials/project must be approved before work and billing commences.
EVALUATION AND AWARD PROCESS
All proposals will be reviewed by a team of not-less-than-three members, which comprises representation from across the organization.
Proposals will be evaluated on:
- Evidenced experience of conducting photography in a variety of styles and subjects.
- Experience working with NGOs and in humanitarian settings.
- Cost efficiency and value for money.
- Ability to facilitate a consultative process.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION PROCESS AND TIMELINE
RFP submissions must be received by email to email@example.com by April 5, 2023. The review process will be completed in two weeks, with the results communicated through email.