SD Department Coordinator
Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of Position
Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience.
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen rights and protections for vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of the SD Department Coordinator
The Service Delivery Department Coordinator will work in the Service Delivery Department (SDD) and will report to the Service Delivery Department Manager. The coordinator will help support the management of the SD Department through technical support; administrative and organizational support including coordination within the department and across departments, organizing meetings, documenting decisions, and following up; organizing key trainings and workshops, coordination, reporting tools; developing or contributing to Department policies or procedures, and ensuring sufficient dissemination that all SD staff are familiar with the policies, tools, and guidance, particularly with respect to Service Delivery. The coordinator will work closely with the technical advisors, Protection Service Delivery Managers, Service Delivery Coordinators, and other SD teams with a focus on the provision of high quality, comprehensive protection, GBV, child protection, and MHPSS services, with particular focus on supporting the management and staff in implementing best practices. The coordinator will work with the Service Delivery Manager to ensure that the respective programs’ objectives and activities, beneficiary criteria, program targets and timelines are clearly identified, documented, communicated and identify challenges in meeting program deliverables, and work to address problems, and identify resource or other requirements. The Coordinator will also support the Service Delivery Department on donor reporting, visits, representation and meetings, development of materials and inputs and coordination with the Communications Unit. The Coordinator will be based in Erbil but is required to travel within the KRI and regular field visits to all Service Delivery locations.
Technical Leadership and Support on Service Delivery Programming (40%)
- Support in the development and implementation of new policies.
- Field visits to service delivery locations with check-ins with the SDCs, PSDMs, and SD staff.
- Identify internal training needs and implement capacity building
- Support in leading and developing training materials such as outlines, presentations, etc.
- Support Technical Advisors as requested with research, identification of best practices, tools, coordination, planning, supervision of services, development of policies and guidance.
- Support with the identification of best international practices and quality examples in serving all clients.
- Support with SEED’s safeguarding implementation (awareness, prevention, response)
- Support on drafting and developing assessments, reports, strategies, and other materials for policy and advocacy efforts.
- Support teams on implementation of recommendations and on services.
General support to the Service Delivery Department (40%)
- Provide admin support to the Service Delivery Department Manager (SDD Manager)
- Support with SD Meetings.
- Coordinate preparation, review, approval, and filing of administrative paperwork and documentation.
- Organize/plan PSDM/SDCs workshops with the SD Department Manager.
- Support with managing the SD challenges tracker and identify/consult on solutions.
- Assist the SDD Manager in the planning of SD trainings with the training department.
- Dissemination of Service Delivery procedures and policies .
- Support with SEED’s service (line) communication materials for all SEED service locations, with specific adapted materials for camp locations.
- Perform other admin duties as needed or requested by supervisor.
Reporting, MEAL, and Communications (10%)
- Work with the SDD Manager to support program M&E, including development of tools, to ensure that M&E systems provide adequate feedback on MHPSS and protection interventions.
- Collaborate with the MEAL Unit to understand MEAL findings about service delivery and work with the SDD Manager to address MEAL gaps.
- Support in donor reportings and donor visits .
- As needed, prepare and/or review communications materials including flyers, social media posts, website content, success stories, awareness materials, etc.
- Develop content and provide input on communications materials including website articles and content related to service delivery.
- Provide input into awareness raising campaigns and advocacy strategies related to service delivery or related topics / thematic areas.
Coordination and Organizational Representation (10%)
- Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with other humanitarian partners, coordination bodies, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Participate in external meetings with the SDD Manager.
- Work closely with program partners, consultants, contractors, and sub-grantees.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree desirable.
- At least five years experience in MHPSS and protection service delivery in humanitarian settings; Iraq or Middle East experience strongly preferred.
- Strong experience in planning and leading projects.
- Track record of supporting operational change and/or the rollout of new policies and strategies.
- Experience in delivering training programs and supporting organizational capacity building in safeguarding/protection.
- Background in leading/participating in PSEA/child safeguarding.
- Strong belief in human rights, gender equality, and safeguarding.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all organizational levels.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- High standard of spoken and written English and Kurdish, Arabic desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, experience with Google Drive.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via this LINK.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.