Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of Position
Employment contract, full-time
Length of Contract
Compensation & Beneffits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local compensation package.
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the SEED Girls Facilitator
The SEED Girls Facilitator will be responsible for implementing the SEED Girls Program with the aim to strengthen protection and empowerment of adolescent girls through engaging psychosocial programming. The facilitator will utilize both online and in-person modalities to deliver activities. The facilitator will be responsible for mobilizing, coordinating and ensuring effective participation of girls online or through activities at. the SEED center as well as developing materials to be used during the sessions. The program facilitator will facilitate online sessions aimed at improving the knowledge and skills of girls in a range of topics including rights awareness, healthy relationships, GBV, including sexual exploitation, harassment and abuse, personal safety, sexual and reproductive health, mental health, Please financial literacy, life skills, leadership, and social and emotional learning. The facilitator will ensure that girls will benefit from stronger connections and online skills communities with one another, have opportunities to explore and use their strengths and capacities, as well as discover what other opportunities they can access and organize to create change within their communities. The facilitator will also ensure that the girls participating in the program receive the right knowledge, skills and support required to be safe and reduce the risk of violence. In addition, the facilitator will collaborate with other SEED service providers to ensure that girls who have experienced violence or at risk of violence receive the necessary services in a timely and appropriate manner. Furthermore, the facilitator will be the responsible for creating a safe environment (online) for the girls, ensuring safety and regular attendance, and prioritizing beneficiaries’ personal resilience and psychosocial wellbeing.
Facilitation of SEED Girls activities (70%)
- Establish a safe and confidential online group for adolescent girls to participate in online psychosocial activities and sessions.
- Identify and mobilize eligible adolescent girls from the local community to participate in the SEED Girls Program
- Coordinate and facilitate online awareness sessions for adolescent girls aimed at improving the school girl’s knowledge on various topics selected by the girls.
- Contribute to the development of outreach and awareness materials to be used in the SEED Girls program
- Facilitate outreach and awareness sessions focused on the adolescents rights, healthy children relationships, GBV including sexual exploitation, harassment and abuse, personal safety, mental health, life skills, mental health
- Conduct community entry meetings and outreach to seek community consent and support for girls to participate in SEED Girls program
- Ensure safety of all participants during the online sessions
- Participate and contribute to other PSS activities in the community as well as at the SEED Service center in Erbil
- Prepare daily plans prior to every session in line with the existing PSS curriculum and activity bank; prepare appropriate materials and/or visual aids in advance of the session.
- Identify other areas of need and ensure that referrals for additional support are taken forward including emotional support, case management, legal support, cash assistance and mental health services.
- Manage and supervise 2 community mobilizers that shall supporti in the project implementation of activities.
Reporting, Coordination and Representation (20%)
- Establish and maintain existing networks with other service providers, to ensure that any of the SEED girls in need of their service receive quality services and support.
- Contribute to daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, and progress notes if requested. Contribute to weekly and monthly reports including online activities to reflect achievements, challenges, and gaps in implementation.
- Development of referral networks between SEED and other organizations providing direct services to the clients.
- Ensure adequate reporting of data, including the accurate collection of participants contact details, number of online session attendances, and new registration requests.
- Work closely with the MEAL team to monitor activities with existing PSS monitoring tools.
- Collect monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data associated with PSS activities and share regular updates with Service Delivery Coordinator.
- Use appropriate data collection tools and submit assessments and updates in a timely and accurate manner.
- Document and share feedback provided by parents or beneficiaries about the delivered activities, and identify gaps in improving the protection and empowerment of girls.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED ambassador at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status, and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
- University degree in social work or psychology, Gender, Public Health, Human Rights or other related field.
- Written and spoken Kurdishc and English language skills
- Experience in conducting group activities. Experience in structured PSS curriculums and material preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents and youth on various topics
- Good social skills and fostering interpersonal relationships
- Experience in leading and facilitating online sessions
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships with team members and community
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environment
- Ability to work with clients from different backgrounds, ethnicities and religions without discrimination
How to Apply
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “SEED Girls Facilitator” as the subject of your email.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.