Senior Female Case Manager, Anti-Trafficking Program
Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to other areas of KRI
Type of Position
Employment contract, full time
Length of Contract
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local compensation package.
About SEED Foundation
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Senior Female Case Manager
The Senior Female Case Manager will deliver services to protect, empower and support victims and survivors of trafficking through the provision of comprehensive case management and psychosocial support. The Senior Female Case Manager will conduct outreach, liaise with law enforcement, especially KRG Directorate for Combatting Trafficking in Persons (DHCT TIP Police), Ikama and Visa Office, MOLSA and officials of the public justice system, and provide emergency response services and comprehensive community-based case management for survivors of human trafficking. Responsibilities include supporting survivors to foster safety and empowerment; conduct victim screening and identification processes, and needs assessments; conduct care planning and make recommendations on how to best achieve client goals. Additionally, the Senior Female Case Manager will support the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SEED’s anti-trafficking work through careful case noting and documentation of all related activities.
The Senior Female Case Manager will serve as a liaison for the STEPS Center to external partners; participate in public awareness raising and outreach as required; and identify and collaborate with other agencies and organizations to ensure good outcomes for clients.
Victims Screening and Case Management Services (50%)
- Conduct initial screening for victims and survivors of trafficking, referred to SEED, both for community-based referrals and those referred for SEED Shelter services;
- As is possible, create a safe environment and ensure responses are trauma informed act in caring manner when first meeting or screening persons referred;
- Facilitate referrals to partner agencies providing services in accordance with the Standard of Care, as needed per each individual case;
- Accompany clients to court, local authorities’ stations or consulates, as needed;
- Coordinate and provide comprehensive, confidential, timely and effective case management services, including needs assessment, care and safety planning, follow up and provision of psychosocial support, in a trauma-informed and survivor-centred manner;
- Maintain regular connection with and provide timely updates to all clients on their case status, progress and any barriers or delays;
- Facilitate the provision of ongoing services through internal referrals to service providers for MHPSS services, legal services, as identified during care planning;
- Provide guidance and support to case managers providing case management in the shelter to enhance their capacity;
- Facilitate timely and effective case coordination with shelter based case managers in relation to residents engagement with the DHCT TIP Police;
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all interactions with clients or other contacts in relation to a client’s case in accordance with SEED’s case management system;
- Participate in ongoing case conferences and supervision sessions with the Program Manager, Legal and Case Management teams as required;
- Attend relevant training sessions, as assigned, to ensure that high quality services are delivered;
- Proactively seek personal development and identification of areas of professional development to enhance skills and knowledge;
- Maintain positive relationships with survivors, colleagues and other service delivery partners.
- Adhere to professional standards and SEED processes, as outlined by protocols, rules and regulations;
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor;
Networking, Partnership Development and Awareness Raising (20%)
- Network, develop connections and coordinate with other service providers and external partners in KRG, including civil society, NGOs, the DHCT TIP Police, MOLSA, Embassies, Law Enforcement, women’s shelters, jails and detentions centers, recruitment companies and local police stations to ensure a continuum of care for survivors;
- Support the development and utilization of referral pathways and service mapping for survivors;
- Contribute in the provision of capacity building to partners, including law enforcement, local authorities, social service providers and others, as required;
- Participate in outreach activities and public awareness raising on the identification and needs of survivors, including development and distribution of materials and presentations to the community on human trafficking;
Reporting and Case Documentation (15%)
- Follow SEED’s monitoring and evaluation procedures and ensure systematic gathering and documentation of data;
- Contribute to analysis of challenges faced and reforms needed in the implementation of the Anti-Trafficking Law;
- Contribute to quality and timely reporting by providing accurate, clear data for inclusion in Monthly Service Delivery Reports, Quarterly Reports, program activity trackers and develop impact stories, as required.
- University degree in law, social work, sociology, psychology, or a related field, preferred.
- Experience working with victims and survivors of trafficking or survivors of GBV for 2+ years, preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Experience working with people, especially on a one-to-one basis, and demonstrates sensitivity towards the needs of victims and survivors.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Strong diplomatic, mediation and negotiation skills
- Ability to produce weekly updates on identification and referral progress and an up to date progress of cases.
- Experience providing case management, experience providing psychological first aid, a plus.
- Experience working within a shelter serving survivors of violence preferred.
- Strong belief in human rights and equality of all individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to exhibit empathy and build trust with others.
- Strong ability to work independently, including ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively.
- Excellent team coordination skills
- Fluent Kurdish and English, both reading and writing; Arabic a plus
- Solid computer skills, including using email, Microsoft Word and Excel.
How to Apply
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “Senior Female Case Manager, Anti-Trafficking Program” as the subject of your email.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Female lawyers with solid case management skills are strongly encouraged to apply for this position