Job Title: Senior Procurement and Logistics officer
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with frequent travel to KRI areas
Type of Position: Employment contract, Full time
Length of Contract: One year
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation (SEED) is a registered charity organization in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, whose mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED works with survivors of violence and conflict in the KRI to help them rebuild their lives, including survivors of gender based violence (GBV), trafficking, torture, internally displaced Iraqis, refugees, members of religious and ethnic minority groups, and other vulnerable people. SEED provides comprehensive services for survivors including case management, mental health and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities. SEED also works to improve the skills of local psychologists and other service providers through education, training and supervision programs to better equip them to help individuals and communities heal. SEED works with local institutions and others to promote laws, policies and procedures that promote human rights and the protection of the most vulnerable. Our work reflects international best practices and expertise, combined with local know-how and understanding.
Role of Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer:
The Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer is based in Erbil, with frequent travels to other areas of KRI. The Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of Procurement and Logistics processes with emphasis on the following activities:
- Stock Management and Custom Clearance
- Facilities Maintenance, Security and Contracts
- Fleet Management
- Equipment Maintenance and Management
- Service Contracts Management
- Develop a manual for Procurement and Logistics Department
- Ensure that SEED Foundation procedures are carried out for all procurement and that correct supporting documentation and approval is received
- Purchase goods ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market
- Develop RFQ (request for quotations) and RFP (request for proposals) to meet the needs of SEED requirements
- Ensure all donor requirements and SEED’s internal requirements are met when developing policies and procedures
- Provide support to the Senior Manager-Operations to ensure that all procurements meet donor regulations and SEED standards and practices.
- Preserve the integrity of the procurement process, including drafting project procurement documents including all solicitations, negotiation memos, consents to subcontract, and waivers
- Conduct market research as required
- Work directly with local, regional, or international vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or to initiate procurements of commodities or services
- Assist the grants team to educate grantees on procurement issues, as needed
- Keep track of quality, quantity, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Collect quotations and check prices for purchase of goods and services
- Translate receipts/invoices written from Kurdish or Arabic into English
- Ensure the delivery of all purchased items to the requester
- Ensure that Procurement filing systems are maintained and up-to-date as per SEED Foundation procedures
Stock Management and Custom Clearance:
- Develop a policy and a system for stock management and inventory.
- Check, record, and distribute goods received
- Regularly check inventory levels (physical counts)
- When an order is received: Check the number of packages, check packaging and content and inform supervisor of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- Ensure that all items are well organized and correctly stored, protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Managing the Customs clearance by Road and by Air of any stocks received by SEED Foundation
Facilities Management and Maintenance:
- Responsible for the maintenance of equipment and premises
- Carry out repairs when necessary or liaise with repairers as per SEED Foundation procedures
- Develop a fleet management policy
- Responsible for the maintenance and running of fleet, ensuring that the drivers carry out daily/weekly maintenance requirements
- Organize movements of cars as per programme needs
- Ensure equipment management systems/reports are up-to-date and maintained as per SEED Foundation Procedures.
- Carry out an annual Asset check.
- Maintain an asset registry
IT and Communications:
- Ensure that all procurement of computers, software, printers is efficient, cost- effective, and meets the requirements.
- Maintenance of computers (hardware and software), and other communications and technical equipment of the organization.
- Distribute communications equipment and manage phone credit system.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED Foundation at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, disability status, marital status and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
- 4+ years’ experience from working in a similar position in a professional environment.
- Ensure compliance with SEED Foundation procedures and policies
- Ability to remain focused under pressure with a commitment to work hard and for long hours.
- Good character, cooperative and honest.
- Good team player; collaborative and able to work well with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Good knowledge in English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Geographical area knowledge
How to Apply:
Please e-mail the following to email@example.com using “Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer” and Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- Three references with complete contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.